Many people are options to renovate their home for one reason or another. Whether you’re looking to increase its value for a resale, or your home just needs a little TLC, we’ll give you some information that you should know prior to starting a renovations project. If you’re in the San Diego area, here’s how you can find a home remodeler in your area.
Table of Contents
How do I Find a Home Remodeler?
How to find a San Diego Remodeler for Your Home:
- Know exactly what you want remodeled and view similar remodelings.
- Choose a qualified pro with credentials and experience.
- Be sure to look at online reviews
- Don’t be afraid to ask your neighbors about the contractors they’ve worked with in the past.
- Finally ask the contractor about how long they’ve been in business.
How Much Does an Average Home Remodel Cost?
Depending on the home’s size, quality of material/appliances and the extent of the remodeling, the average cost of remodeling your home can cost you anywhere between $19,800 to $73,200. Kitchen and bathroom remodeling cost about $100 to $250 per square foot while house remodeling cost $15 to $60 per square foot on average.
What’s the First Thing to Do When Renovating Your House?
Design and Planning
As obvious as it may seem, the first thing that your need to do is to jot down exactly what you want remodeled in your home. Whether the rendering is thorough or not doesn’t matter as much, just get an idea of how you want the remodel to go. Next, before sure that you have the sufficient funding to carry the product to completion.
Finally, make a list of projects you want professionals to do and a list of projects you wish to do yourself. Be sure that you have the proper permits to begin your projects.
What is the Best Order to Renovate a House?
- Begin with the roof and the foundation
- Look out for any water damage and issues
- Siding and windows
- Structural Carpentry: this carpentry supports other work such as walls beams and doors
- HVAC Ductwork
- Electrical and Plumbing
- Fine Carpentry: This is carpentry that is not supportive
- Interior painting
- Siding and gutters
- Major auxiliary buildings such as a deck or a pool
Can You Live in a House During Renovation?
It is possible to live in your home during renovations and to be honest it will be the most cost effective solution as well. Living at home during renovations allows you to save money by not spending it on a hotel of some sort. However, living at home during renovations is not without its drawbacks. Be aware of the potential dangers such as fumes and excess dust.
What Home Renovations are Worth It?
The best home renovations in 2020:
- Garage door replacement Average cost: $3,695.
- A minor kitchen remodelwhich had an average cost of $23,452
- Siding replacement of the fiber-cement variety is also a great choice with an average cost of $17,008.
- Manufactured stone veneer. Average cost: $9,357
- Siding replacement (vinyl) had an average cost of $14,359 and is well worth money.
How Much Does it Cost for a San Diego Kitchen Remodeling?
Kitchens are oftentimes the heart and soul of the home, and therefore, they get worn down easier than other rooms in the house. The constant traffic, wear and tear of the cabinets and appliance updates may mean it’s time to do some minor to major remodeling to restore the room to new.
On average a minor San Diego kitchen remodel costs residents about $19,000. Major kitchen remodels are a bit more expensive and the average cost of a major kitchen remodel is about $60,000 and can reach as high as $100,000 for the high end work.
What’s the Best Home Renovation Company in San Diego?
When it comes to renovating and remodeling your home, Creative Design and Build has got you covered. We have over 15 years of home remodeling experience and our professional staff will be attentive to your needs and budget. We assure you high quality work and a customized remodeling plan that will deliver the home of your dreams. Please contact us today to get started!