If you are thinking of renovating your kitchen, then deciding on the sink is an integral part. Sinks are the most functional element of the kitchen. The multiple usages of the area require higher longevity and resistance to dent and corrosion. With so many options of sinks available in the market, it is difficult for homeowners to make the right choice. In this scenario, the emergence of the under-mount sink is something that you must consider. It is a recent innovation in the field of kitchen sinks that have become highly popular. It is solely because of several benefits associated with them, making them a good option compared to their counterpart.
An under-mount sink is mounted under the countertop as against the standard traditional overmount sink. The traditional counterpart stays inserted inside a pre-cut hole in the counter. Investing in 27 inch undermount sink is a great idea as it will stays mounted underneath the countertop making the bench cut exposed; therefore, people feel it is highly suitable for concrete surfaces of engineered stone and granite. Proper sealing and installation are crucial to making the sync supported by the benchtop.
The various benefits associated with under-mount kitchen sink
- It is a premium option for home buyers these days. These days, potential buyers like kitchens with under-mount sink, which emerges as a unique added value feature in the house.
- The sinks provide various options for creative design. They come in a wide variety of colors, materials, and sizes, making them a viable statement piece.
- You must conveniently place the faucets in any location with the help of under-mount sinks. Most of these sinks do not come with pre-drilled holes allowing you to identify the tap according to your convenience. On the other hand, the overmount sinks do not provide this option as they come with pre-drilled holes. You may have to modify your design according to the sink.
- These signs are consistent with modern design trends, which have simplistic forms and clean lines. They also provide more counter space since they get mounted under the counter.
- They also help to expose the beauty of countertops. The countertop shines through the sink rim. There are a wide variety of options for the material of the under-mount kitchen sink. Irrespective of the interior design, the versatility makes the under-mount sink a perfect choice for every kitchen.
- Though they are highly suitable for countertop materials like marble, granite, concrete, or soapstone, they are not very well suited for tile counters and laminate counters. It is because they have many weak points along the grout lines. However, it is straightforward to maintain these sinks ask you may wipe food scraps straight inside the sink without any hassle. There is no exposed rim to catch dirt and crumbs.
- One of the primary reasons most homeowners love under-mount sinks is that they are easy to clean and require significantly less maintenance. If you have food crumbs on the counter, slipped sauces, you can easily clean them by quickly sweeping them into the sink. It is not possible with a top-mount sink. It is because the top-mount sink has a rim, which rests on the countertop. The variation in surface height may not allow you to get a clean sweep. It is the reason why there may be junk build-up around the rim of the top-mounted sink.
- Placing the chopping board on an uneven surface may not be possible. It is a problem associated with top-mount sinks. Sometimes it can be very annoying as it hampers efficiency when you run short of time and space. Since the under-mount sink gets mounted below the countertop platform, you may get more working space. The rim does not occupy the countertop surface since space is precious; it is an under-mount sink that can help you maximize kitchen countertops.
- Under-mount sinks are known for their minimalist design and streamlining. As the sink rim is invisible, it makes the kitchen countertops look sleek and elegant. It is thereby emerging as an integral part of contemporary homes that prioritize clean and straightforward lines. It helps to enhance the style of the kitchen by making it appear luxurious and premium. If you have a kitchen that is both functional and stylish, it inadvertently increases the home value.
There are a wide variety of materials in which under-mount sinks are available. It helps the homeowner to mix and match the sink with the countertop material. You may choose bold and beautiful granite sinks that emerge as statement pieces. When they get paired with rose gold faucets, they radiate a very intricate vibe. Also, ceramic sinks are available, which come in glossy or matte finishes. These sinks are massive and thereby require a concrete countertop for holding it in place.
The under-mount stainless steel sink has revolutionized the installation method. It also solves the under sink water leakage problems. There is a unique clamping system used to secure it tightly with the countertop. The process thereby creates a watertight seal that prevents silicone erosion. These sinks are usually costlier than top-mount counterparts. Nonetheless, with the improvement in design and manufacturing methods, they have become an affordable option.
In comparison to other types of sinks, the under-mount sink has a better resale value. The resale value depends on significant upgrades, whole house flooring, finished rooms, and single kitchen elements like the sink and other components. Thus it is easier to find customers for the under-mount sink because of its high-end look compared to conventional drop-ins. The most significant benefit of these sinks lies in their ability to prevent crevice from catching dirt. You may brush crumbs and wipe dirt directly into the sink without getting anything trapped into the sink rim.
Thus, it is advisable to go for undermount kitchen sinks because it is affordable and highly stylish, transforming your kitchen’s entire look. However, you must take professional help to understand the size and material appropriate for your kitchen area. Do not make a hasty purchase; instead, think strategically before investing in kitchen accessories not to go wrong. You can explore the plethora of modern undermount designs to get the best one for your beautiful kitchen space.