Filter media make the best components of the ventilation system as they help in capturing unwanted particles. They provide an incredible way to improve indoor air quality. They make the best defense for HVAC systems to give users clean air and keep them running smoothly.
They come in varying designs, sizes, and quality. However, you should choose custom-made air filter media rolls available at https://paperpoint.com/laminated-media-rolls/ as they are worth it. Filter media rolls have become a significant part of any home, and you will love the best designs on the market.
So, when undertaking any home upgrade project, getting the best air filter media your HVAC system can accommodate is a worthwhile investment. Read here to find out more.
Why Upgrade To Laminated Filter Media Rolls
Top-quality filter media rolls are laminated using the best materials, including polyester with a synthetic blend of an expanded metal backing. They also come in varying sizes and Minimum Efficiency Reporting Values (MERVs). Hence, they can flawlessly capture even the largest particles in the air.
If you are using low-quality filter media rolls in your system, the thing is, you have to deal with the following:
- High Static Pressure- A filter media with a low MERV value will affect the static pressure of your HVAC system. It will probably increase the static pressure and lead to system problems that will inhibit airflow in your home.
- Inadequate Filtration- Some people will try to solve air circulation problems by choosing non-pleated filters or using a low-MERV. The filter media might keep the system clean, but contaminants will compromise your indoor air quality due to inadequate filtration,
- Poor Filter Racks– Poor quality filter racks will let the air go around the system and evade unfiltered.
- Frequent Filter Maintenance and Replacement– If your filter media is not working correctly, you will have to change the rolls. This can be every three to six months, depending on how you frequently use your AC and heat the home. You will end up spending a huge sum of money.
- No Stench Control– Some filter materials might capture particles in the air but are ineffective in eliminating odors caused by damp air.
You have to do something and avoid these problems. Here is where laminated filter media rolls come in and offer practical solutions. Your HVAC system will provide top-notch filtration performance without any downsides.
Upgrading your HVAC system with the laminated filter media rolls with high-MERVs will improve the filtration performance of your system. There are different types of filter media rolls you can invest in and enjoy better airflow performance. The popular choices include MERV 8, 11, 13, and 10 carbon media rolls.
Filter media with a better MERV rating provide better housing to ensure all indoor air is filtered. In addition, it is impossible for air to go around the filter. Go for media rolls with mid to lower MERV ratings (8-13). They are a great choice because they:
- Ensure less restricted airflow
- It can be cleaned or replaced less often.
- Make great choices for most homes, commercial buildings, and industrial workspaces.
- get rid of pollen, dust, carpet fibers, cockroach debris, coal dust, milled flour, nebulizer dust, welding fumes, humidifier dust, and lead dust.
For those looking for filter media with a higher MERV rating (14+), here is why they are great:
- They offer a higher level of ventilation.
- They guarantee protection from different contaminants.
- Great for high maintenance buildings, large and sterile facilities, hospitals, and highly sanitized buildings
- They are an excellent choice to protect against bacteria, viruses, sneeze nuclei, insecticide dust, auto fumes, smoke, carbon dust, and microscopic allergens.
To Sum Up
Don’t hesitate to invest in custom and high-quality filter media rolls. They are the best solution to reducing high static pressure on your HVAC system. Top-notch filter media will guarantee better filtration and airflow performance, reduce maintenance and keep the house smelling good. However, ensure you get designs with the proper MERV rating and from reputed manufacturers. Significantly, ensure your HVAC system can accommodate the MERV rating and work efficiently.