Energy-efficientare known for their money-saving benefits. These units are designed to function without using as much energy as an inefficient air conditioning system.
Therefore, you can save on electric bills. Incentives and rebates are also available for energy-efficient A/C units for more money savings.
But did you know that choosing energy-efficient air conditioning units does more than just saving you money?
Energy-Efficient Air Conditioning Units are Good for the Environment
According to Energy Saver, air conditioning units in the United States consumes about 6% of the total electricity produced in the country and release more than 100 million metric tons of carbon dioxide into the air each year. And emitting such a large amount of carbon dioxide is never a good thing. Carbon dioxide is a key greenhouse effect that drives climate change.
While carbon emission of energy-efficient air conditioning units isn’t zero, they are still better than their less energy-efficient air conditioning unit. They use less electricity, which means fewer fossil fuels to burn and less harmful gasses to emit.
The United Nations Environment Programme and International Energy Agency study suggest that implementing energy-efficient cooling appliances could reduce eight-years-worth emissions, which is over 400 billion tonnes of greenhouse gasses.
Improved Comfort through Advanced Features
Energy-efficient air conditioning units usually come with advanced features. An example of an advanced feature that makes an air conditioning unit efficient is a variable speed compressor. A variable-speed compressor uses inverter technology to function. The inverter technology regulates the speed of the compressor motor.
When the room is cool, the inverter automatically lowers the motor’s speed so it won’t use more energy than necessary. On the other hand, with a fixed-speed compressor, the motor would completely stop once the set temperature is reached. Since the motor of a variable speed system won’t turn on and off repeatedly, your home stays more comfortable.
Your energy-efficient air conditioning options in Gladewater, TX may also come with other advanced features such as a programmable thermostat, thermal expansion valves, and motion sensor technology.
How to keep your air conditioning system efficient?
Energy-efficient air conditioning units are usually robust and last longer. However, years of constant use will definitely cause the unit’s efficiency to decline.
So to make sure your unit stays efficient throughout the years, here are some of the things homeowners can do:
- Keep the area around your outdoor unit free of debris or any dirt. Debris or dirt in or around the outdoor unit can block the airflow. The heated air will have a hard time exiting the A/C, probably causing overheating and damage to the unit.
- Clean/replace the air filters. A dirty/clogged air filter causes various problems, including but not limited to frozen coils, short cycling, and uneven cooling at home. These problems would make your unit work harder than usual.
- Keep the vents clean and open. Closing or blocking vents could result in increased air pressure in the duct system. It can lead to large duct leaks, which will compromise your system’s efficiency.
- Don’t place appliances that produce heat near the thermostat. The thermostat may misread the temperature, causing the unit to work harder. It can result in system wear and tear.
- Get annual maintenance. It’s the best way to keep your air conditioning unit efficient. Routine maintenance usually includes system inspection, cleaning, motor lubrication, and thermostat calibration, to mention a few.
The next time you’ll be needing a new air conditioning system, consider investing in an energy-efficient unit. Wouldn’t it be great to lower your carbon footprint and contribute to protecting the planet without compromising your comfort during the hot days?
If you need air conditioning services in Gladewater, TX, visitor contact the team at 903-758-6482.