WHAT IS VPS AND ITS POSSIBLE BENEFITS?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) is an independent partition of a physical server. This is when hosting companies create multiple virtual partitions of one server, keeping each file and site separate on the same server. Although VPS hosting means that you are sharing the same resources and space, everybody still has their own private environment where they can all enjoy a pretty big portion of the cake as the resources are divided in advance. Therefore it can be considered a good option for WordPress hosting Pakistan.
Allowing more control, flexibility and freedom at a low cost than a real dedicated server, VPS hosting consolidates the best of both dedicated and shared hosting. However with this greater control comes more responsibility for setup and maintenance. At the point where your WordPress site grows out of shared hosting, the best upgrading choice is VPS hosting considering the following advantages:
- Security- Since a VPS is a private segment on a server, you can be confident that your files will be safer.
- Cost- Although a VPS plan is more costly than a common hosting plan, it’s essentially less expensive than a dedicated hosting plan. Also, you get a large number of similar advantages of a dedicated server.
- Numerous cPanel accounts. A VPS plan additionally permits you to make various cPanel accounts for various sites. This implies you can manage extra sites or make accounts for more website owners.
- Control and flexibility- Administrative access is another advantage of VPS hosting. With administrative access, you are free to install and configure software as well as customize it to your liking.
- Technical development- Working with VPS will require a touch of learning. However you will likewise acquire extra specialized ability as you become familiar with VPS support, cPanel creation, programming updates and more.
- More Power- Since you do not have to share your server with a number of other website owners, you have more space to store your records and files as well as handle a great amount of traffic simultaneously.
DO YOU NEED A VPS HOSTING FOR YOUR WORDPRESS WEBSITE?
With a number of WordPress hosting options available in Pakistan, you will want to know whether or when you need a VPS hosting. Consider the following conditions:
- If you wish to scale your website quickly- In some cases it bodes well for a new website owner to begin with a VPS plan consistently, rather than beginning with a shared plan and changing later. If you know you are going for a big website, will start getting a ton of traffic promptly, or plan to make online payments after launching your website, at that point it bodes well to begin with a VPS hosting plan.
- You start generating more traffic- The more traffic a site gets, the more and harder the server needs to work. Assuming you begin seeing your site slowing down during top traffic times, congrats! Your site is developing and individuals are keen on your site. At the point when your WordPress site begins getting an excess of traffic for your shared web hosting in Pakistan to deal with, it’s an ideal opportunity to move to a VPS hosting plan.
- You require more security- Hackers may not pay much attention to smaller websites, however they do focus on sites that get more traffic, make online payments and hold private data. Assuming you build a WordPress site that captures clients’ information, added security ought to be one of your main goals. VPS hosting plans are an extraordinary choice for upgraded security
- You are looking for a Virtual Dev environment for testing- A VPs does not only involve expanding resources or storage for a single website. It is a great asset for when you want to test your own software development.
- You wish to install your own software- Do not go for the shared hosting plan if you are more of a technical minded person who wants to install your own modules, apps and software, or even wants to configure your own settings. A VPS hosting plan will give you all the control to configure your own settings and install your own software.
If you are a beginner who just started a blog on WordPress, have low traffic, and only wish to have the basics like FTP, and cPanel, then a shared hosting plan is the perfect choice. However, if you plan on doing anything beyond it, then VPS is the best approach.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE OUTGROWN SHARED HOSTING?
- Security Issues: Once your site grows in fame, there are higher chances of it being vulnerable to hackers. Therefore if your website is undergoing attacks or is consistently getting hacked, then it is a sign you need to consider upgrading your hosting.
- Website slowing down: If your WordPress site still takes time to load and acts slowly even after you have tried all the best options available to speed it up, then it is time you change your cheap web hosting in Pakistan. This should particularly be implemented when the site slows down during peak traffic times.
- Errors: Another sign is when your site continuously keeps going down or you keep having 500 internal server errors. In this case if troubleshooting does not help solve the common WordPress errors, then the problem is with the hosting.
Best options to consider in these cases are either VPS hosting or managed WordPress hosting.
Managed WordPress Hosting is a service where all technical aspects including speed, WordPress updates, security, website uptime, daily backups and scalability are taken care of by the web hosting company.
VPS vs. MANAGED WORDPRESS HOSTING: Which is better for your WORDPRESS SITE?
VPS is the right choice for you when you are a more technical minded user who does not fret dealing with their own server and wishes to install your own software and configure your own settings with much control and flexibility.
Managed WordPress Hosting is a better option if you do not wish to deal with technicalities and only look forward to concentrating on your blog or managing your website, as well as do not feel the need to install your own software or configure your own settings.
Now that you know everything, it’s time for you to make your decision.