The tarot and oracle cards provide intuitions and hints on personal growth. The Tarots have been around since the 14th century. However, Oracle cards are new in this arena.Also the structure of the Oracle cards are very different compared to the Tarot cards. This means that the owners of the tarot cards must follow a certain set of rules set by the original masters while the owners of the oracle cards are not bound by any set of rules.
Comparison between the Tarot and Oracle Cards
- Oracle cards and tarot cards are totally different from each other so you can not judge if one is better than the other.
- The structure of the Tarot cards is fixed while the Oracle cards have an independent structure and have their own set of rules. People learn to use the Tarot cards using the Rider -Waite deck that was created in 1909.
- There are always 78 Tarot cards in one deck while there can be any number of Oracle cards in one deck. The number of cards in an Oracle deck can range from 36 to 64.
- Tarot cards are divided into four types of suits :Wands, Swords, Cups and Pentacles. On the other hand Oracle cards do not follow any suit. The cards are numbered for guidebook reference.
- Oracle Cards are comparatively easier to learn while you will need to undergo a lot of practice sessions and courses to master the Tarot cards.
- If you wish to learn about the tarot cards you will need to go through a great depth of details compared to the Oracle cards.
- Oracle decks are free flowing, which means that you can interpret the cards in any way possible and the strong rules of tarot do not apply here.
- Tarot cards have a common theme that can be seen in all of their cards whereas the Oracle cards do not have any common theme as such.
- Oracle cards is different from the Tarot cards because they do not follow a straight and narrow arrangement.
- With the Tarot decks you will receive an elaborate and personal reading based on the tarot reader.This can be too personal. The oracle cards on the other hand oracle cards are limited to how much detail they can provide and are best for giving guidance only.
- Tarot readings take more time than the oracle readings.The reason for this is obviously the one we have seen before-the amount of detail it can offer and the level of knowledge a tarot reader can obtain from a single tarot card.
The tarot cards have their own set of advantages when compared to the oracle cards. Both of them are incomparable as mentioned above. If you need an in depth analysis of your future and you have the patience to go through the card reading sessions then tarot cards are for you. However if you are someone who can not give much time and you need quick thoughts about your future then you can consider the oracle cards which are equally easier to read when compared to the tarot cards.