Cargotecture or architecture that upcycles shipping containers has really taken off over the past decade. While a lot of it has been fuelled by the tiny house movement, we know that small living spaces aren’t for everyone. In fact, shipping containers can be used to enhance your existing spaces to provide innovative solutions for storage, home offices, workshops, and more.
Benefits of using shipping containers:
Traditional construction methods can be expensive and permanent – which is great if you have the money to burn and know that you won’t need to make any changes in the relatively near future. Using shipping containers provide affordable solutions which can be easily modified or removed when you need them to be.
You also have the option to rent a container for short term needs.
Shipping containers are also meant to carry heavy items and withstand the extreme weather of the high seas, so you can be assured that they are strong and structurally robust.
But what about aesthetics, you ask? If you’re picturing a metal box, you’re only partly right – the interiors and exteriors can be modified to suit your tastes.
Why choose a specialist firm to design and build your shipping container:
Going DIY on your shipping container project is not always a great idea. In fact, finding the right experts to work with you on your project right from the get-go can save you money in the long run. Here are a few ways they can help:
- Choosing the right containers: Shipping containers come in various sizes. A contractor can help you choose the right container for your needs.
- Quality Checks: Since most people opt for used shipping containers for their construction needs, it’s imperative that they are checked for any problems that can hamper your project in the long run. An expert will be able to source the highest quality containers for your needs.
- Structural Integrity: Shipping containers are meant to be stacked, carry heavy weights, and withstand heavy weather. However, when they are modified or combined to make larger spaces, they need to be modified in a way that maintains their structural reliability.
- Acclimatization: The interiors of a shipping container need to be insulated to make them comfortable for human habitation or for storing your goods over the long term. A local firm that specializes in cargotecture will be able to recommend and implement the right solutions for your needs.
- Other considerations: Sea cans are made of metal. Although highly durable, they still need to be protected from rust and floors need to remain dry to be habitable. From casters to wooden platforms, an expert will be able to advise you on the best way to go about it.
There are whole bunch of other things an expert can help with – from the placement of windows to optimize light and breeze to the interiors and exterior design of your container modification.
About Custom Cubes:
Founders Mike Ouellette and Brent Nelson started Custom Cubes when they realised that the structures market needed to be modernized and that it was possible to provide higher quality products for the same or even less cost than the existing options on the market.
Since then, Custom Cubes has grown from strength to strength providing individual container solutions for our customers in Vancouver and its surrounding areas. We believe that each project is unique and must be treated as such, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach.
With all our team members passionate about providing high quality services, we have also focused on creating a trusted shipping container sales system with multiple inspection processes in place to ensure our products meet our exacting standards. Cutting corners is not an option at any time!
At Custom Cubes, our experts are on hand to discuss your needs and recommend the right containers for you after analyzing your needs thoroughly. You have the option to either rent or buy your shipping container space or even purchase a structure during the rental period. This allows you to use the rental period as a trial period before making a permanent commitment. And any time you need to scale up, our team is always ready to help you take the next big step!
If you have a project in mind, or just want to learn more about what we have to offer, give Custom Cubes a call today!