PHP is a classical and very applicable programming language. Some believe that it is a bit dated, however PHP remains one of the most popular tools for web-development. However, php-developers’ service may cost a fortune and extend your project’s budget. But what are the factors that define costs of php-projects’ outsourcing?
Country you chose for outsourcing
One of the crucial factors to consider, while carrying out a web-development project is the country you choose for outsourcing, it should possess both suitable geographical location and reasonable pricing. It also must have a decent education quality, you may check literacy rates for that. GDP PPP per capita and difference between the average wage and salaries in the IT industry of the country are also vital factors. What country should you choose?
- India. The IT sphere in this country has been growing pretty fast: nowadays the IT industry contributes about 8% of the national GDP. India is also represented by millions of IT employees
- Poland. Poland is one of the strongest soft-developing countries in the world and being a part of the EU this country has many advantages. However, Polish programmers aren’t the only ones, who may attract your attention in the region.
- Ukraine. Ukraine is a neighbour of Poland and one of the biggest European countries. As a former soviet republic it has huge potential in IT, due to high quality engineering education. Ukrainian php-developers are considered to be one of the best in the world. In addition, great geographical position, low GDP PPP per capita (as the country has a developing economy) and quarter million of highly qualified developers, mostly fluent in English.
The project’s complexity
The expenses also depend on how difficult your project is. Simple projects can be outsourced in cheaper countries and companies by less qualified specialists. Majority of the companies rate their employees. The categories are Junior, Middle and Senior.
- Junior. The cheapest devs to be hired are Juniors. Those usually are students of universities or those who have just graduated. They can be skilled and cunning, but often lack vital experience for embodying more complicated projects. That makes them perfect for simple jobs.
- Middle. Middles are formidable developers with more than two years of experience. They act faster and can deal with the majority of tasks.
- Senior. Seniors are the most prominent and promising developers with more than five years of experience, capable of dealing with issues above of their direct speciality. Though being more expensive they are also fast, reliable and can find issues before the customers will do that. Plus a Senior in the right country may be cost like a Junior in the wrong one.
Also don’t forget about the tools. Of course, providing your future clients with a decent and functional dashboard is important, but you should find the balance between the budget and functionality. Moreover: overloading your web-platform with tools and sub-domains will not just expand your budget, it will also increase the amount of time needed for the development and may negatively affect the speed of work.
In case of smart management and outsourcing your php-based project may cost 5,000$ through 200,000$ with additional monthly expenses for maintenance and if needed upgrading. This will be an additional sum of money starting from hundreds of dollars per month and reaching 4,000$-5000$ on average. You should also consider additional budget for promoting – 1,000$ per month and more. However it only works if you did everything wisely, otherwise costs may be two, three or four times higher than that. So pay attention to choosing the team for your project and think over what exactly you need from the product. In SapientPro we specialize in php-development and can embody any project – simple or complex one, we will do that rapidly and for a reasonable price. Contact us to discuss your project, you will be more than satisfied with our partnership!