The logistics and storage industry depends hugely on storage racks Singapore systems to ensure that their operations are fully supported and optimised. Yet, with a staggering number of choices, it can be difficult for newbies to determine which set of racks would be suitable for their operations. In this article, we take a look at 3 industry solutions that are found in warehouses.
Making the most of space is top-priority in any warehouse enterprise. When holding lengthy, over-dimensional products like tubing or lumber it ends up being positively crucial. Roll-Formed or structural Cantilever Racking supplies concise and adaptable storage that differs from standard, less adaptable pallet racking.
A lack of front columns means oddly shaped or cumbersome products like house furniture can quite easily settle on an entire row without impacting your limited space. These racks likewise fit substantial handling clearance for larger, over-length products like piping or rug rolls thanks to the increased horizontal space.
- Long and open clearance leads that are ideal for lengthy products like construction materials or furnishings
- Versatile multi-length levels can be adapted for different SKUs
- Storehouse area typically requires to have wide aisle breadths large enough to accommodate replenishing and choosing
Push Back Rack
Push back racks are frequently the front-runner solution for storage facilities challenged by restricted space. That’s because they supply as much as 90% more item storage space than selective rack systems by removing the requirement for several loading/unloading aisles.
Push back racks work similar to a vending maker. Once a product is chosen, subsequent pallet carts to roll ahead. The system includes a collection of nesting carts that travel along steel rails. This provides simple access to an array of items and SKU’s that can each be stashed at different levels. Not unlike a drive-in pallet rack, the system makes use of an LIFO inventory control method. However in this system, the fork trucks needn’t go into the rack.
- High storage denseness without the need to steer into the rack, restricting possible damage
- Front loading/unloading removing the requirement for several aisles
- Inability to get access to all pallets
- Restricted depth– limited to 4-5 lanes max
Pallet Flow Rack
High volume and fast moving item is a special combo that calls for a special solution to remain on top of selecting. A top notch gravity-fed pallet flow rack system is just the solution to help cut expenses while saving on important space.
Inclined shelves utilize gravity’s all-natural force to organically draw palletized loads onward to the designated picking spot. Deep pallets reduce square footage by serving as replacements for aisles. Product is packed from one side and selected from the opposite side.
- Products can be stashed 20+ pallets deep creating an ideal high-density storage space system
- Solitary loading/unloading point restricts damages from forklifts
- Flow racks can be put into virtually any existing pallet rack setup
- Can be a more expensive investment than other storage choices
- Poor access to all pallets