Cloud services are now widely used by virtually everyone, although not so many years ago, people did not even know that such solutions can be offered via the Internet. Cloud services offer all kinds of digital solutions with one key difference and advantage as opposed to traditional software and platforms. These apps, platforms, and other digital services are provided by a third party, which allows businesses to use the solutions for a certain fee without worrying about technical aspects. While SaaS and PaaS solutions, also known as Software as a Service and Platform as a Service, are now commonly used by businesses and individuals, not many people know about VPaaS. These are video cloud services like Digital Samba (https://www.digitalsamba.com/video-api) that are also extremely beneficial.
Differences between PaaS and SaaS
Previously, companies had to manage all their technical solutions themselves. From all applications used within the company to data storage, everything was kept on the premises and serviced by dedicated technicians. This approach required a lot of expenses as creating software and hiring specialists to maintain it was not cheap. Cloud services allow companies to source all the necessary software and tools from third-party companies that do all the maintenance. Even with the fee you need to pay for using a cloud service, this is much more cost-effective and also time-saving.
So, what are Platform as a Service and Software as a Service exactly? PaaS is a cloud solution that offers developers an opportunity to use special tools and frameworks for building applications and software. Because they are stored in a cloud, they can be easily accessed through the Internet. Such platforms can be accessed by multiple users at all times and allow focusing on the immediate task of working on software instead of worrying about the technical side of things. All the necessary tools are there, and all you need to do is to start working on your project without spending time and money on preparations.
Now, SaaS, or Software as a Service, is the most commonly used option by many people. From individual users to international corporations, people benefit from numerous SaaS solutions. Some of the most popular SaaS examples are:
- Google G Suite
- Zoom and more
Software as a Service is incredibly convenient as you can utilize any type of software by simply accessing it via your desktop or even mobile browser. In some cases, you might need to download a client program for more convenience, but many of these solutions are accessible online right away. SaaS is often very accessible for companies of any scale as it delivers subscription plans to suit all clients.
What is VPaaS?
VPaaS is an abbreviation for Video Platform as a Service. This is close to SaaS although more specific to platforms that specialize in creating and hosting videos, as well as streaming and storing them in a cloud. While Zoom is a SaaS, it can be also considered VPaaS.
Dealing with video content is incredibly important for modern businesses as it is one of the most demanded formats today. From promotional videos to live streams and video conferences – it is crucial to have convenient and scalable video solutions. Of course, it is possible to create your platform for hosting videos, streams, digital conferences, etc. But this requires hiring a team of specialists to develop your video platform and then maintain it. This is why VPaaS solutions are usually preferable. By sourcing your video solutions from a third-party company, you can easily use a dedicated streaming platform for all your needs.
Key Benefits of VPaaS
If your business needs a service for video streaming and storage, you should consider investing in a VPaaS subscription. Here are some of the advantages of using a third-party video hosting service:
- Customizable – most modern video conferencing platforms are very flexible in terms of their features. They offer wide functionality that can be used based on your needs. In addition, there are different subscription plans that will allow you to pay for what you need exactly.
- Maintenance – you are paying not only for using a platform but for its maintenance as well. It is not your concern to make sure that everything is working as the hosting company has its team of specialists servicing the platform.
- Client support – if there is any issue with your software or you have questions, you can contact customer care and receive professional assistance. With video conferences, it is especially crucial that everything works perfectly as many people depend on the software to communicate in real-time.
- Convenience – VPaaS solutions are always incredibly accessible, and you do not have to have special knowledge to use them. The interface is user-friendly, and all features can be utilized right away without additional skills.
- Constant upgrades – once again, thanks to the constant maintenance of the software, you can enjoy the upgrades as soon as they come out. And you do not have to upgrade it yourself.
- Supported platforms – VPaaS are usually supported on various devices. This is important as your clients and employees will be able to watch videos and participate in video calls via computers, phones, and other gadgets without downloading special software.
Digital Samba is one of the top VPaaS solutions in the current market. It offers E2EE (End-to-end encryption) to ensure safe communication at all times. It is also GDPR-compliant for your security. Using cloud services requires adopting powerful safety measures to protect the data being transferred and stored in the cloud. With such software, you receive convenience, efficiency, and security. From important business meetings to virtual events for your clients, you can be sure that all the information will be protected and secured from data theft. Video Platforms as a Service are some of the greatest modern solutions when it comes to video creation and streaming.