If you are facing criminal charges in New Westminster, you have every reason to worry about the future. No matter whether you have actually committed the crime, you deserve the best possible defense. While you can choose to represent yourself, it is never a wise idea, primarily because you don’t have the legal background or knowledge. In this post, we are discussing some common reasons to hire a criminal lawyer New Westminster.
- Assault: If you have harmed someone intentionally by applying physical force without consent, you will likely be charged with assault. There are several categories of assault charges in British Columbia, but you need a lawyer in all situations.
- Domestic Violence: Dealing with spousal assault charges is often more complicated, especially if you are separated or are going through a divorce. How you deal with an arrest related to domestic violence can have an impact on civil lawsuits too. Get an attorney so that you can decide the best strategy to safeguard your interests.
- Shoplifting: Shoplifting charges are often taken lightly by defendants, but keep in mind that conviction could mean serious consequences. You may even face imprisonment, while the stigma is unprecedented. Your lawyer can help determine the best way to defend your side.
- Driving Offences: Most of us believe that traffic tickets are nothing to be worried about, but driving offenses can be serious, especially if you are charged with drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs. Besides penalties, a conviction could mean losing your license. Call a lawyer immediately after you come to know of the charges.
- Employee Crimes: If you are facing a criminal investigation at work or are in dispute with your employer for a serious crime, you have reasons to seek help. Matters concerning professional misconduct and fraud can impact your entire career, and without a lawyer, you are at risk.
- Sex Offences: When charged with a sex crime, you may deal with unusual stigma, and if convicted, you may not recover from the consequences on your personal and professional lives. Call a local lawyer in New Westminster to know more about the legal options.
- Murder: Your life, freedom, and family are at stake when facing murder or manslaughter charges. These are probably the gravest criminal allegations, and you don’t have the room to take chances. Get a competent lawyer who also has experience being on trial.
Call a lawyer now, and do not resist the arrest.