Selecting the right dry eye treatment becomes mandatory if you have a dry eye. This way you can stay at ease.
Dry eyes are when your eyes do not function in the right manner because they lose their moisture. Hence, it becomes very important to make sure your eyes are not only healthy but they also function the way they should. Only then your eyes will perform their role, and you won’t face any inconvenience.
You may be wondering what role do the tears play? Well, sufficient tears on the surface of the eyes keep them moist. In addition to this, they also clear the dirt, and microorganisms that could damage the cornea and give rise to severe eye infections in the future.
A normal tear film contains the below-mentioned components. Take a look.
- An oily component that is produced by the meibomian glands. These glands are present in the eyelids.
- A watery component that is produced by the lacrimal glands. These glands are present behind the upper eyelids.
- A mucus-like component is essential to cover the white of the eyes.
Every single component of the eyes serves an important function.
Causes of dry eyes you should know
You will come across a number of causes of dry eyes. Below mentioned are some of them. Check them out.
- Use of screens: If you are working on your personal computer for a very long time, there are chances that you do not blink your eyes in the right manner. The same happens when you make use of your laptop and mobile. This is what gives rise to dry eyes and you may have to opt for dry eye symptom treatment.
- Aging: You can also experience dry eye symptoms at any age. However, it becomes very common after the age of fifty.
- Lenses: Another reason why you may be experiencing dry eyes is that you might be wearing contact lenses.
- The indoor environment: The ceiling fans and air conditioners can ultimately lessen indoor humidity. This results in tear evaporation causing dry eye symptoms.
- The outside environment: If you are allergic to outside air, you may experience a dry eye.
- Traveling by air: Cabins in airplanes are considered to be super dry. This is another reason why you may experience a dry eye.
- Health conditions: So many health conditions like thyroid, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis can also give rise to a dry eye.
The symptoms of a dry eye
Get the right treatment for dry eye as soon as possible if you are experiencing any of the below-mentioned symptoms.
- Not able to wear lenses in the right manner
- Mucus around the eyes
- Aching sensation
- Itchy eyes
- Red eyes
- Sore eyes
- Heavy eyes
- Fatigued eyes
- Not able to see in the right manner
- Sensitive to light
- A feeling of having something inside the eye
Also, research was done by professionals and it was found that watery eyes can also be a dry eye symptom. This is because the dryness present in the eyes can at times give rise to the overproduction of tears.
Treatment for dry eyes
If you are experiencing dry eyes, the first thing you need to do is get in touch with your doctor. This is when your doctor will examine your eyes and see what exactly is wrong. Accordingly, your doctor will offer the best solution. If you discuss eye treatments, they consist of eye drops, lipiflow, nutritional supplements, dry eye masks, and much more.
Discuss the entire situation with the doctor and receive the best treatment from them.