People invest a lot in the carpets to get that chic look for their living room. Yes, carpets can uplift the beauty of your floors no doubt. With ample options in carpet designs, material and sizes, you can choose the one that blends with the interiors of your house.
Although carpets are just another popular flooring choice among many homeowners, yet they are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Where carpets are installed to spruce up the aesthetics, ignored, neglected and worn out rugs can bring in lots of problems you might have never thought.
Even if you own the best of the best when it comes to carpet, they may require replacement after a while. When you start to notice stains, sticky dirt, dullness, eaten away edges or relatable issues, you should know it’s time for
Let’s look at the other factors that contribute to the replacement of old carpets-
1) They have become quite old- How long it has been since you changed the carpet of your living room? More than fifteen years or you don’t remember? Well, carpets can stay intact from five to fifteen years and with time their quality, shine and firmness start to deteriorate. Moreover, it depends on the foot traffic, whether your carpets will stay longer or fade away. Places like living rooms have the most foot traffic so you can see the rug dying out faster.
2) It builds a lot of dust- If you notice your carpet holding more dust, dirt and hair, take that as a sign. Usually, carpets tend to have dust even after cleaning when they on the verge of getting expired. If you do not discard that carpet away, it can house many germs, causing severe health problems.
3) It has a musty smell and stinks- Carpets can absorb moisture from the air during humid environmental conditions. If they are not dried out or appropriately cleaned, they can feed mold spores which settle on organic material (carpets) and spread like wildfire, causing the musty smell. Molds should not be taken lightly since they can not only damage carpets but also lead to health ailments.
Another reason for your carpets to stink is not cleaning them regularly. When you have pets, and they move on the carpet, it can absorb their smell. Similarly, liquid spills, if not cleaned immediately, can leave the smell behind.
4) There are signs of down matting- If you haven’t moved furniture in a while, just lift it and check the signs of down matting on your carpet. The force on the carpet and heavy foot traffic can matt down your rug. Therefore, you must
5) They have incurred damages- With time; your carpets can wear off. However, the longevity of carpets solemnly depends on maintenance and carpet padding. If you are careless with your carpets, they can damage soon. Besides, if you notice your carpet tearing off, it’s time to get it replaced.