Are you wondering about the topic of the blog? Accessibility plugins? Yes! We surf the web to get information, access social media sites, do projects, and much more. Yet, the web might not be identical for many.
When it comes to visitors with impairment, they might not be able to access the website completely. They might need some unique features. One of the best solutions is WordPress Accessibility Plugin. This blog gives you the top 4 WordPress accessibility plugins.
Also, you can learn about WordPress Multilingual Plugins here.
Table of Contents
1.What are WordPress Accessibility Plugins
2.How can WordPress Accessibility Plugin be helpful for the website?
3. What are the factors to consider when choosing the Accessibility Plugins
4.Best WordPress Accessibility Plugins
4.1. One Click Accessibility
4.2. WP Accessibility
4.4. Equalize Digital
1.What are WordPress Accessibility Plugins
Webpage accessibility makes sure that all the users who are browsing the internet can use the content that is available in the portal. So, website accessibility refers to all browsing processes, like page navigation, visual content identification, and content creation participation.
When visitors with disabilities of hearing, seeing, physical, speaking, or any other challenges can access the webpage, the WordPress experts mention the website to be accessible.
So, a WordPress Accessibility Plugin can be installed on the website. These plugins assist visitors with challenges in using the website easily. Many plugins make the website easy to navigate, understand, and perceive.
The migration plugins that are available in WordPress are extremely useful.
2.How can WordPress Accessibility Plugin be helpful for the website
Let us see the benefits of WordPress Accessibility Plugins
- The reputation of Website
When the website is accessible to everyone, it illustrates that you are committed to being socially responsible and inclusive. Also, if the website gets through different tests for accessibility and ranks well, there will be an exponential increase in reputation. This makes your website unique.
- Accepted by Wider Audience:
With the help of plugins, it is easy to reach numerous audiences. This helps in higher website traffic that accelerates interactions and, finally, rises in revenue.
- Higher SEO Rankings
SEO ranking improves when you include ALT text for the images on your site and provide hearing content and Subtitles for the videos.
This happens because Search Engines rank websites that are exceedingly accessible. So, search results fetch your website easily. So, SEO performance increases.
- Legal Requirements
Most countries have ruled the website should abide by to make it accessible for physically challenged people. So, it is essential to check the regulations when WordPress is installed. This avoids legal issues and penalties.
3.What are the factors to consider when choosing the Accessibility Plugins
There are numerous Accessibility plugins in the market. It is vital to consider these factors when selecting the plugin.
- Features: The plugin needs to have accessibility features like Navigation through the keyboard, support for screen reader, ATL text for the images, etc.
- Compatibility: It is necessary to check the compatibility of the plugin for the theme on your website
- User Interface: User friendliness is a vital factor for the plugin.
- Documentation and support: Sometimes, an issue might have to be solved. So, check for the support and documentation
offered by the plugin
- Ratings and Reviews:
Make sure to check the plugin for good reviews and the highest ratings.
- Cost: Cross-check your project cost with the plugin cost.
4. Best WordPress Accessibility Plugins
4.1 One Click Accessibility
One Click Accessibility plugin is one among the best WordPress Accessibility plugin. Once the plugin is installed, the visitors will have an accessibility toolbar. The toolbar is usually located in the top left corner of the website. Every content on the website can be viewed from the toolbar.
The toolbar can be used to change the size of the text, swap the contrast too high, grayscale enabling, link highlighting, background modification, or change the font. All the layout options are available to the user.
Advantages of the plugin One Click Accessibility
- The plugin can be installed, and it can be used. There is no separate setup needed.
- The user can control all the options of accessibility.
- The plugin does not obstruct the website’s other functions.
- Easy customization.
- User-friendly interface for seamless implementation
- Supports inclusive web design and promotes equal access to information
- Provides a range of accessibility features with a single click
- Can be easily integrated into existing WordPress websites
- Increases website usability for a wider audience.
The plugin offers a free version with essential features and a premium version with advanced functionality at around $29 per year.
4.2. WP Accessibility:
WP Accessibility assists in finding and fixing common problems. They deal with how WordPress themes, website core, and content work for people with disabilities. This plugin is highly recommended as it improves accessibility. Users can turn on or off all the plugin’s features as they see fit.
It is not essential to know coding. Yet, users with coding knowledge can change the styles of the features. This is done by changing style sheets in the theme directory.
• This plugin attributes to text direction and language adder. This feature facilitates the correct pronunciation of the words.
• It helps users with skip links that help users to navigate easily. The advantage is it is customizable.
• The form fields can be labelled. This feature enables setting up radio buttons, etc. This helps visually challenged people.
• With WP Accessibility, you can add the titles of the posts. This enables screen readers to know where the link takes them.
• It can be used as a colour contrast tester.
• It acts as a CSS issue checker.
The plugin offers a free version.
Nearly 110,000 websites use this plugin. It complies with global standards. Hilton, British Airways, and GE are the organizations that use this plugin. This plugin gives a complete fix for accessing the website.
- The plugin is AI Programmed. It can go through your webpage and find out the accessibility problems.
- The page’s structure can be altered, making it more user-friendly for keyboard operations. The plugin scans the content regularly and does not mix the updates of the new content.
- The plugin has two different programs making it the best accessibility plugin.
- The AI Accessibility tool runs in the background. The queries by physically challenged people are well-handled by the AI.
The plugin offers a free service. There are four paid plans:
Standard- $49 per month
Large- $149 per month
Huge- $199 per month
Jumbo- $349 per month.
4.4. Equalize Digital
This plugin is designed by accessibility experts. Equalise Digital Accessibility Checker is a plugin for WordPress that makes it easier to follow web accessibility rules or ensure you always do. It immediately gives feedback by automatically checking new or recently revised shares towards over forty accessible regulations. It also lets you know about errors directly in the post editor.
• Scanning of any number of pages. Scan as many pages or posts as you want, though you use the version that is free.
• Reading ability evaluation: It has a Flesch-Kincaid Readability Test that lets you know about the readability of the text. A simple abstract can be added that will help satisfy the criteria of WCAG 2.1 reading level requirement.
• Ignore the feature. You can choose to close the warning or error message if you feel that is not necessary. It is possible to add usernames, notes, time, and day to the ignored notifications.
• Statement on accessibility. It gives you a statement of accessibility you can change and put on the website. With one click, you can add this to the website’s footer.
• Lots of information. This plugin has a lot of instructions and articles. It can be used to gain knowledge about accessibility problems and fix them.
It has four plans.
• Personal – Free
• Professional- $144 per year
• Small Business – $600 per year
• Agency – $1800 per year.
Accessibility is now a must-have feature for websites and portals open to the public. Also, if a website’s income depends on how many people visit it, it must follow accessibility rules to cover a large audience.
Accessibility features are taken seriously by developers today. The problems are fixed at the start of a project. Also, people who own websites hire developers to keep the site running and make it easier for people to access new content and recent updates.
When you use WordPress, you have an edge over people who use other platforms. Accessibility problems can be fixed without a developer. With the help of the above plugins, accessing the website is easy for people with different abilities.
If you decide to use WordPress for your website, check out WPBlazer, a WordPress management tool WPBlazer.
Saelvizhi. V grew up in Coimbatore city with a lot of time on her hands and a vivid imagination. A passion for writing began to take hold at 12 when her first poem was published in a popular magazine.
She began with poems and progressed to essays, articles, blogs, and other forms of writing. Then, she became a full-time writer.
Saelvizhi enjoys spending time with her friends and family and loves to explore different cuisines. She has made it her goal to one day hike to the pinnacle of Everest and become a mountaineer.