Being a nurse means a hectic work life as you have to walk, run, and stand all day. Therefore, the best sneakers for nurses are crucial that cause them less fatigue & pain. Nurses are not in a position to afford sores and painful feet. That’s why we’re going to discuss how to choose the right sneaker for nurses that provide them protection and comfortability.
Table of Contents
TYPES OF NURSING SNEAKERS EXPLAINED
Some common and most used types of nursing footwear are discussed below:
Tennis & Sports Shoe
Tennis & sports shoes also fulfill the needs of nurses due to matching and enhanced features. General athletic shoes are widely available and due to promising features, they have become a prominent option for nurses. Normally comfort and performance levels are higher in tennis sneakers for nurses due to well-known and up to date research of the manufacturing industry. Therefore, nurses tend to go to tennis sneakers as they have to perform well during work, reducing foot fatigue and pain during long 12-hours shifts. Also check kobe bryant shoes low tops.
Hoka One is one of the several shoe brands that have shown concern for the footwear worries of nurses and other health care professionals. Their sports kicks are comfortable, and take into account their very specific needs, like lots of walking or standing around for long hours. Here is a compiled a list for ten Hoka nurses shoes and other health care professionals to wear for the ultimate comfort.
Besides sneakers, clogs appear in our list as another potential option for nurses. They are also designed in such a way to provide arch and heel support in daily challenging routines. Furthermore, the protective designing of clogs aligns well with the busy environment of healthcare professionals. They are open from the backside and closed from the toe side. Similarly, the new design offers a closed back to supportive heel for more stability and grip.
Another addition to the nurse’s footwear is crocs. They are also well familiar with nurses, food, and healthcare professionals. Usually, they are made off croslite also known as foam resin with a closed heel construction. Normally, they have closed air vents in the front area that support air ventilation. Furthermore, they are also available with open front ends but closed fronts are better as they protect against germs and bacteria. Therefore most hospitals don’t allow to use open front crocs.
Things to Consider
Things may look simple in purchasing a new pair of sneakers but the reality it’s a little bit tricky. Good quality are not cheaper because of the premium material and added features.
Comfortable sneakers for nurses are helpful in less fatigue, flattening, pronation, and foot pain. For this purpose, consider the feature of excellent arch support.
You must not take this thing for granted. Everybody knows about their foot size. However, some sneakers get fit when ordered half size more than your actual size. It’s not a manufacturing fault. Therefore, the design and material may cause some tight-fitting in actual size.
Decent traction is a basic feature of nursing shoes. Running around all day in rushy areas, uneven, oily, and slippery surfaces demand traction. Only finding a shoe with a good bottom is not enough. It may cause you to fall flat on your face.
Wide Toe Box
Professionals primarily related to the food and healthcare sector need sneakers that have a wide toe area as it helps to expand feet naturally all day without making them feel.
In hospitals, most of the time, sanitizing and moping are going on that are done by spilling liquids which can cause serious injuries by making the floor surface wet. Good slip-resistant walking sneakers for nurses are mandatory here.
Lightweight & High-Quality Material
Since nurses have to work in 12 hours shifts with almost continuous walking. Need of best shoes for nurses on feet all day is imperative, which are breathable, high in quality in less in weight to perform routine duties.
Protection with Comfort
We all know that hospitals have delicate apparatus, large and heavy machinery that can fall on your feet. You need a sneaker that provides stability with comfort against potential daily hazards.
Build Quality Material
Another important feature material quality of the sneaker shoe. Here we will discuss bout upper and sole construction. Upper is most important for safety, comfort, and durability.
Style, Color, and Pattern
The majority of famous manufacturers are now producing sneakers in different colors and styles. Although some hospital restricts their staff to follow the dress code but here we are talking about the nurses that have an option to choose any sneaker for them.
BEST SNEAKERS FOR PLANTAR FASCIITIS
Plantar fasciitis is a well renowned and prevalent cause of heel pain. An inflammatory pain runs in the bottom of your feet that connects toes and heel. This problem is comparatively more common in runners. However, a quick solution is to find the best sneaker for plantar fasciitis before spending on different foot solutions.
Understanding Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar: Derived from the plant. For the human body, it relates to the sole. It is easy to understand and remember as we plant our body weight on foot soles.
Fascia: It is the fibrous tissue that interconnects bones and other body parts with each other.
The Definition of Plantar Fasciitis: A thick tissue band at the foot bottom that runs from your toes to heels.
Plantar fasciitis feels typically like a stabbing pain in the foot bottom, near the heel. It usually gets worse after awakening in the morning. It also lasts after long hours of standing, walking, or running. In the case of exercise, it shows up after the body gets cool down, not during the workout.
The podiatrist explains plantar fasciitis to assume it like a shape of the bowstring. Supporting your foot arch and shock absorbing during a walk. The increase of stress and pressure on this bowstring will result in the tearing of the fascia. Repeated stretching and tearing will inflame and irritate fascia, and you will be diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis. However, in many cases, causes remain unclear.
Plantar fasciitis can potentially develop without any reason. But some causes are there that can increase the risk of developing this problem.
- Age: Plantar fasciitis usually occurs between the age of 40 to 60.
- Foot Structure: Some foot structure gains quick plantar fasciitis when they face unnatural walking patterns or standing for long hours. It includes high arches and flat feet because of abnormal weight distribution in the foot structures.
- Weight Gain: Naturally, more bodyweight will contribute to more stress and pressure on the plantar fascia.
- Particular Exercise: Physical exercise that exerts more pressure and stretching on heels regularly can cause plantar fasciitis—for example, aerobic dance, long-distance running, and other stretching exercises.
- Standing for long hours: If you have a demanding job that keeps you on your feet for long hours than developing plantar fasciitis is natural. Professions like supermarket cashiers, hairstylists, factory workers, nurses, and other hospital staff are already facing plantar fasciitis pain.
Plantar Fasciitis Exercises
To avoid the running pain of plantar fasciitis, some routine exercises are given below. You will have to make a routine to eliminate the pain.
- Bend down and try to touch your toes. While standing stretch up the back of your legs by stretching your back.
- Before getting out of your bed in the morning, get your legs straight in front of you. Take a towel and make it loop towards the plantar side and stretch it gently toward yourself.
- Put your hands on the wall while facing it. Now stretch one leg behind in a way that you feel soft and gentle pressure on your heel. Hold on for 30 seconds and straighten your legs. Do the same procedure with the other leg and repeat it several times.
- Stand safely on your toes, at the stair edge, while your heel is off the stairs. Now slowly move your body up and down so that you feel soft pressure on heels.
Home Remedies for Plantar Fasciitis Relief
- Wearing compression socks reduces swelling and increase arch support.
- Supportive and premium quality insole also proves better arch support and reduce heel pain.
- Ice massage on feet gives quick relief from inflammation.
- Day braces also provide a soothing stretch to Fascia Bands along with the Achilles tendon.
- Plantar fasciitis night splints usage also helps in contracting of fascia band while you are sleeping.
- Select best sneaker for plantar fasciitis also provides an overall feet support & comfort while walking, running, and daily routine.
After spending hours of research on different footwear that includes sneakers, running shoes, tennis shoes, clogs, and crocs for nurses, we bring the best sneaker for nurses in your knowledge so that you can go through each one of them and select the right product for you that suits your daily routine.
Moreover, these pairs are best for people who remain on feet all day like concrete walkers, long-distance runners, and plantar fasciitis sufferers. Therefore, high arches and flat feet with plantar fasciitis also find it a perfect match. We recommend them worth buying for people who are looking for extra cushioning and softness.