Scissor lift tables are another part of material handling equipment that are widely used in warehouses and industries to handle bulky and heavy objects. The main reason for using scissor lift tables is they are the best solutions for lifting heavy loads in a facility since they have a crisscrossing platform beneath the table that either uses a hydraulic, mechanical or pneumatic power. They come in various forms- stationary, fixed, and movable with rotating and flexible platforms.
It becomes easy for the workers to shift, transport and place heavy loads between different workstations. With stationary and rotatable scissor lift tables, the workers can lift bulky materials between levels up to sixty feet and simultaneously improve the ergonomics of various material handling tasks.
Why Warehouses Prefer Scissor Lift Tables Over Manual Lifting?
- Warehouses are busy places where workers have to work every minute to lift and move weighty objects from one location to another. If they indulge in manual shifting, moving, loading and unloading, it will require more men for the job. Manual working can consume more energy, time and manpower, which ultimately reduces work productivity, thereby suffering the ergonomics of the place.
- Besides, where you require more men to handle the material in bulk, they save energy and time. You can aid the process of loading and unloading the trucks, collecting debris from constructions sites, moving heavy equipment and machines from higher storeys to ground floor and vice-versa. The good news is the scissor lift tables are sturdy enough to work for several years with proper maintenance.
- Considering your workers and labourers, they can sustain injuries in an environment where they have to handle heavy loads. Climbing on the ladders, making use of their arms to carry bulky material and weighty machines can cause nuisance and safety hazards, leading to severe accidents that may even result in the death of workers. However, safety risks can be avoided with the usage of material handling equipment likes scissor lift tables.
Therefore, this is why options like scissor table lifts are a better alternative and come with numerous advantages over manual labour.
Some of the main benefits of using scissor lift tables are mentioned below-
1) Enhanced Productivity- When you switch to convenient options like scissor lift tables, conveyors, lifting cranes and so on, you can expect the productivity of your workers to shoot up. Depending upon the manual work, it can take longer and consume more energy which can simultaneously lower the ergonomics of your facility. That is why it becomes exceedingly important to lower the burden from the backs of your workers and improve their productivity.
2) Variety of Options- As discussed earlier, there are a variety of options to choose from when it comes to selecting scissor lift tables. You can go for any size of height, and base with flexibility features offering rotational and adjustable characteristics.
3) Smooth Workflow- When you own a huge warehouse with inefficient equipment, you can expect your workers to create chaos. However, the chaos can be avoided when you select the appropriate equipment like scissor lift tables to move heavy load and for the smooth functioning of your unit.