Imagine this: a lush, freshly mowed green field, cabaret styled seating and a beautiful printed canopy tent providing wonderful shade to visitors. A perfect, picturesque afternoon. Whether you’re entertaining board of directors of your company or participating in a tradeshow, a covered green area is the best way to increase the usable space of your business.
And as we all know; nothing provides brand visibility like customizable canopies!
Being in the industry for over 15 years has made us privy to little things that make or break any outdoor event. Even the most seasoned experts overlook these trifles in the rush to prepare, preventing potential customers and clients from having a good time. Unfortunately, the devil is in the details.
It doesn’t matter how good your products are. It doesn’t matter how ahead you are on competitor’s shortcomings. A first-time visitor will take a moment to decide based on how your booth appears to them. As simple as that.
We’ve prepared a 5-point checklist to transform your commercial canopy into a lead magnet:
Question 1: How does my custom tent appear?
Think of a business event as a date. You look your best because you want to impress your date, right? You take care of even the smallest aspects of your personality – right from how to walk to what you discuss.
Similarly, for any event, your commercial canopy must entice onlookers and passers-by. That chemistry has to be present otherwise, nothing matters. Would I walk in a stall like my own? Is the lighting adequate? Is the floor comfortable to walk upon? These are just some of the questions you must answer before the D-day.
The following tips will help you in making your tent impeccable on the day of the event:
- The human eye is naturally attracted to brighter, vivid lights. Ensure proper lighting inside your booth area so visitors can explore the entire space.
- In addition, remember that colors change the mood too. While red indicates anger, blue portrays serenity. Similarly, black is authoritative in nature while yellow stands for optimism. Stay close to your brand theme and keep it consistent throughout your collateral, freebies, tent printing and signage.
- If you have added a walking area for visitors, do place a quality carpet on the ground. It will give your visitors a regal feeling upon entering your booth.
Question 2: Is my commercial canopy noticeable from a distance?
If several competitors are participating in an event, the only way to stay one step ahead of them is to create a stall that steals attention from afar.
- Begin from the entrance and work your way towards your tent. Add signage throughout the tradeshow ground to direct visitors towards your stall. Use arrows, discount placards or pop banners and place these near high traffic areas such as parking lots, food courts and registration kiosks.
- Add a fun café umbrella outside your booth. This works like a charm at open air events. The midday sun is terribly hot and passers-by would appreciate respite from shade underneath a branded café umbrella.
- Don’t forget to add peak flags on top of your customizable canopies. They’re wonderful for seeking attention and bringing people to your booth.
Question 3: Will guests be comfortable inside my booth?
Most tradeshows and exhibitions are spread over huge areas with limited seating. If you allocate some space to create a lounge-like rest area out of your booth space, people will appreciate a chance to sit down and relax. You can also add mobile and laptop charging docks in case of limited space.
Use this chance to introduce your business and products. Consider adding a screen that displays an engaging presentation about your brand, products and services. You can also keep flyers and brochures next to the charging bays, to give people something to flip through while their phones get charged.
Question 4: Is my booth boring?
Canopy tent set? Check.
Charging docks? Added.
…yet no visitors. Oops.
Probably because you cannot engage the footfall you’re getting. Up the ante of your booth and uplift the spirits of visitors with fun-filled engaging activities. The onlookers and passers-by will also be tempted to participate. Prize giveaways are a popular choice among tradeshow exhibitors.
You can offer giveaways and freebies for:
- Uploading a selfie with your brand in the background and hashtag on social media;
- Signing up for your newsletter,
- Sharing their contact details or mail IDs for further communication,
- Participating in an activity at your booth.
If you think all this is too much, consider adding a mascot to pique the interest of onlookers. They can dance, juggle or blow away bubbles, keeping everybody around your booth engaged and amused.
Question 5: Will people remember my booth after the show is over?
The idea behind the entire exercise to set up a custom tent and make it engaging is to leave a lasting impression in the minds of your visitors. You may have collected good leads but what’s the point if they respond to your call or text with a ‘not interested?’ message?
- The giveaways or freebies must be branded. Try and come up with useful prizes that winners can use every day – such as bottles, mugs and calendars. These will be like a dual-edged sword: reminding them of your brand and serving a practical purpose in their everyday life.
- Many marketers give out carry bags to visitors. Interestingly, visitors tend to stuff everything inside the biggest bag they have. What if that biggest bag was yours? Pretty nifty, eh?
By now, you must have gained a deeper insight into how visitors think and act, at exhibitions and tradeshows. Your branding essentially begins from the moment you install a canopy to the time your first lead converts. Use these ideas for your next event. If you require a commercial canopy, share your requirements with us at 844 243 6981 and our representatives will get in touch with you.