The traditional approach of recruiting is disappearing gradually, as quality talents are not actively seeking through this approach of recruiting. Consequently, companies are picking out the recruitment technology option to obtain an exceptional nominee and improve the efficiency of the recruiting process. (ATS) and Customer Relationship Management(CRM) are the two new recruitment technologies that companies are adopting consistently.
Both software i.e. ATS and CRM might seem to look exactly alike; cause both are dealing with arriving data from different sources of the candidate. Because businesses are mainly focusing on candidates hence, the recruiting function is converting into a proactive function. And for this, ATS and Recruiting CRM both are the first choice of recruiters. But many believe that, if they are working with ATS, then they don’t need CRM.
ATS and CRM both tools are pivotal components for talent acquisition tactics. Let’s see both tools complement each other or not.
What ATS Serve?
ATS is recruiting software that handles the application process in an optimized way and facilitates the hiring process. It is the workflow and compliance tools where the recruiter and the hiring manager can post about opening positions, collect and maintain the active applicants’ information, examine and screen the application, and forward it for further steps.
Few advantages of ATS
- Reduce efforts
- Less time to fill the position
- Stringent compliance
What CRM Serve?
CRM is designed to maintain the relationship amongst the job seeker and recruiter in purpose to fill the future job opening. CRM works as an ecosystem for active and passive candidates. Hence, it is considered as part of the Recruiting Marketing strategy that also creates a and conveys messages to the passive candidates over various platforms to build a strong relationship.
Few advantages of CRM
- Create and maintain long term relationship with job seekers
- Easy Collaboration
- Engagement insights
When These Two System Combine, The True Power Crops Up
Today every company works as a candidate-centric that means companies are more aware of candidate Experience than before. And accepted that candidate experience brings lots of value to the company. Hence, companies adopt the technology, whose priority is candidate experience too, and play a vital role in the success of . It can identify as effective when it attracts top talent in this competitive market.
And this is possible by merging the ATS and CRM in one platform.
- CRM systems maintain better data and help recruiters to make the best decision regarding data-driven. CRM creates a strong relation with active and passive applicants thus, speed and efficiency automatically build when it comes to hiring and trace the candidate journey through the ATS system.
- CRM handles emails, job posting, and other marketing strategies of your candidate who applied or not to any job. Once the application is submitted successfully, the recruiter should jump to the ATS for the rest of the process by tracking them.
- As the business will grow, the more applicants aggregate increases therefore, it’s difficult for ATS to maintain it in an organized manner. Whereby CRM will help the ATS to maximize the data residing.
Difference Between ATS and CRM
Applicant Tracking System handles the overall process of hiring from beginning to end through the automate task and reduces the cost per hire and accelerates the recruiting process. While Recruiting CRM is the pool of past, present, and future candidates and helps the recruiter to perform their job in an appropriate way.
Strength Of ATS Does Not Addressed By CRM :
- Allow recruiters to store job description and integration with various job boards.
- Trace the applicants throughout stages.
- Call reminder, interview reminder, automate emails, notes creation, etc
- Store resumes from different sources and generate candidate profiles.
- Workflow planning
- Job and candidate matching
Strength Of CRM Does Not Addressed By ATS :
- Candidate relationship management
- Maintain the data of active and passive candidates
- Access to active pre-application applicants
- Send personalized emails to the nominee
- Automate invitation to company’s event
- Obtain analysts from talent pool data
ATS and CRM are two identical tools that have their own advantages and disadvantages. Hence, they complement each other. CRM attracts and engages with and also helps to create an employer brand, so if you are busy with the ATS only your business will miss the chance to engage with and nurture potential candidates.
ATS and CRM are better alone, but the business can derive Best from both by integrating them.