I’m quite excited to write about this blog post because in this article you’ll read about my personal experience with an expert accountant and how he was of tremendous help to me.
Before I go ahead to tell you about my encounter with that accountant, it’s important that you know who an accountant is and you also understand what an accountant does.
Who is an accountant?
An accountant is a professional who is responsible for interpreting and keeping financial records.
What does an accountant do?
The daily duties of accountants may vary due to their position and the organisation, nevertheless, I’ll be listing some of the common tasks and responsibilities you are to expect from accountants.
- Accountants ensure that financial documents are accurate, as well as their compliance with relevant regulations and laws.
- An accountant can help in preparing tax returns and also ensure that taxes are paid properly and timely.
- Accountants offer guidance on profit maximization, cost reduction, and revenue enhancement.
- Accountants maintain and prepare important financial reports.
- Accountants conduct risk analysis and forecasting assessments.
- Accountants evaluate financial operations to identify issues, recommend best practices, and strategize solutions. Additionally, they also help in running organizations efficiently.
My personal experience
Now you have a fair knowledge of who accountants are and the duties they can carry out for you, I’ll go ahead and tell you about my personal experience.
I reside in the US, and when I started my business, I was in charge of everything, I knew what came in and what went out and as such, it wasn’t difficult for me to able to keep accurate records. But then, the business continued to grow and I now had more things on my plate, I slowly started forgetting about my accounts and you know keeping accurate records is essential for any business, because it helps you take calculated risks and make reasonable decisions.
My business continued to grow and with time I forgot about the accounting records and focused on other aspects of the business since I needed the business to grow and just like every other typical American, it finally dawned on me when it was getting close to April 15th which is the deadline to file and submit your tax form. I started rushing through calculations, got everything done on time and submitted, just like you guessed, it contained errors and the IRS quickly spotted them out. They sent me a mail notifying me of my errors.
I’m a perfectionist and as such, I don’t like failing or making errors, I knew I didn’t have the time to always properly go through every form that’s when I thought of hiring the services of expert accountants. I got into contact with them and they started handling all my accounting records. Today, all my accounts are up-to-date, and my taxes are filed promptly. I no longer have to worry about if I got the numbers right I can solely focus on expanding my business.