Portugal is a great place to live, work, and retire. With its many attractions and diverse culture, it’s no wonder that people are flocking to the country.
However, before applying for a Portugal Golden Visa, you need to know all the basics, requirements, and processes.
Here in this article, we’ve covered all these so that you are prepared and know what to expect.
Table of Contents
What is the Portugal Golden Visa?
The Portugal Golden Visa is issued to foreigners who invest a certain amount of money in Portuguese businesses or property that helps the Portuguese economy. The visa allows the holder to live and work in Portugal. In addition, the visa provides access to social security benefits and other government services to the main applicant and the dependents.
To be eligible for the Portugal Golden Visa, you must first submit an application and pay a non-refundable application fee. After you have submitted your application, you will need to provide documentation that supports your investment plan. Finally, you will need to attend a citizenship ceremony in Portugal.
If all of the requirements are met, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will review your application and may issue you a visa if it is deemed appropriate. Once you have received your visa, you will need to apply for a residence permit from the Portuguese authorities.
You must also register with local authorities and provide proof of residency. Once your residence permit has been issued, you can begin living in Portugal and working on your investment project.
Requirements for obtaining the Portugal Golden Visa.
There are certain requirements you must meet in order to apply for the Portugal Golden Visa:
- You must have a valid passport from a country that is listed in the Portugal visa waiver program.
- You must be able to provide evidence of your financial stability and good health.
- You must have enough money to cover your costs while in Portugal and for at least six months after your return.
- You must have an investment plan to invest in Portugal in a way that helps the country’s economy.
Possible investments in Portugal to obtain the Golden Visa.
To obtain a Golden Visa for Portugal, you need to choose one of the following investments:
- Invest at least €500,000 in real estate. In the low-density zone, this amount is reduced to €400,000.
- Purchase a home worth €350,000 in the Portuguese urban regeneration zone. If it is a low-density zone, the price will be reduced to €280,000. The Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service must approve the property you are investing in.
- Invest a minimum of €350,000 in a qualified Investment Fund.
- Deposit one million euros in a Portuguese bank account.
- Purchase a minimum of one million euros worth of shares or invest one million euros in a Portuguese company.
- Produce at least ten job opportunities for Portuguese citizens.
- Transfer at least €350,000 to a scientific research institution for research and development in fields of science or technology.
- Make a minimum investment of €250,000 to help rebuild Portuguese heritage or the arts.
NOTE: From January 2022, you’re unable to buy properties in the metropolitan regions of Portugal like Lisbon, Porto, or the coast of the Algarve. But at Goldenportvisa.com they can help you find other solutions, such as a share in hotels, or other commercial assets.
Process of applying for Portugal Golden Visa?
To apply for a Portugal Golden Visa, you will first need to gather some documentation. This includes your passport, proof of income (if applicable), valid visa application form, and two recent photographs. Once you have gathered the necessary documents, you can begin the application process by visiting the Portuguese consulate in your home country.
The application process will require some paperwork, but it should not take too long to complete. The consulate will ask for more information about your intended stay in Portugal and whether you have any concerns about traveling there. Once all the required information has been submitted, the consulate will review your application and decide if it is appropriate for you to receive a Portugal Golden Visa.
You’ll get an email when your application is approved with instructions on traveling to Portugal and completing your visa requirements. Make sure everything is in order before traveling, so there are no delays when arriving in Portugal.
Portugal Golden Visa is one of the most popular tourist visa options available, and it’s easy to see why. Portugal offers a unique culture, amazing beaches, and plenty of activities and attractions to keep tourists entertained. If you’re ready to apply for your Portugal Golden Visa, this article will teach you everything you need to know about the process. Good luck on your journey.