Facebook advertising is an easy and essential method to connect with your audience. It is the world’s largest social network and has millions of users on this platform. The dynamic Facebook algorithm makes it a challenge for your business to connect with fans organically. Facebook ads allow you to display your brand’s message before people who prefer your products or services. This would be great for your business to manage the conversion rate, budget, and investment return. It is easy to create Facebook ads on the platform, and you can also get in touch with social media marketing services in Gurgaon to help you create Facebook ads.
Facebook Ad Types
Depending on your brand and the way you require to project yourself in front of your audience, Facebook has various ad types. Let us discuss a few of them here:
- Image Ads – One great way to start Facebook advertising is image ads. These are simple ads. You can create it with just simple and a few clicks by boosting a current post using an image from your Facebook page.
2. Video Ads – Facebook video ads get executed on your News Feed and Stories. Video ads are useful to show your product and team; you can use it as a demo video. To capture the audience’s attention, you can create animations.
3. Video Poll Ads – Facebook video poll ads is a mobile-only ad format. It includes an important and appealing component with video polls. These ads help to increase brand awareness more efficiently.
4. Carousel Ads – Facebook carousel ads make use of almost ten images or videos to display the product or service. This format is ideal when you want to project the various product benefits, reasons, various products, etc.
5. Slideshow Ads – Facebook slideshow ads provide an easy way to create short video ads from still photo collection, video clips, or text. Slideshow ads have an attractive gesture like videos and quickly draw attention.
6. Collection Ads – Facebook collection ads are paid ads that are available only for mobile devices. Using collection ads, you can display five products where the customers can click to purchase.
7. Instant Experience Ads – Facebook’s instant experience ads are also known as Canvas, is a full-screen ad format that is faster than a mobile website.
8. Leads Ads – Facebook’s lead ads are available for mobile devices as it was precisely designed to make it easy for people to share their contact details without having to type a lot. Lead ads are ideal for collecting signing someone for your product trial, newsletter subscriptions, or allowing people to query you. Also, these ads are an excellent way to feed your sales funnel.
9. Dynamic Ads – Facebook’s dynamic ads allow you to promote your brand’s specific product to customers interested in those products. For example, if you own a watch brand and if someone has seen your product page and pushed a product to their shopping cart but did not make the purchase. For such cases, dynamic ads for those products would run at their Facebook feed. On seeing this, customers will remember to purchase them.
10. Messenger Ads – Facebook’s Messenger ads provide you access to billions of users using Messenger per month. For placing ads, you need to choose Messenger as the preferred placement.
11. Story Ads – Facebook’s story ads are vertical video formats for the full-screen with which you can maximize the screen real estate without the users having to turn the screen.
12. Playable Ads – Facebook’s playable ads are a new ad format that includes interactively. You can develop a game experience that inspires people to communicate with your content.
Creating Facebook Ads
Let us suppose that you are required to place Facebook ads for your brand. If you already own a Facebook Business Page, you can go ahead to the Facebook Ads Manager or the Business Manager for creating Facebook ads. In case you do not have a Facebook Business Page, you need to create it first.
So, let us discuss the steps for the same, assuming that you have the Facebook Business Page.
- Select your Objective – For any ad, the right objective makes it successful. Log into the Facebook Ads Manager and choose the Campaigns tab, and click the Create button. Facebook provides you with 11 marketing objectives that you could achieve. It is also seen in Image 1.
a. Brand Awareness
e. App Installs
f. Video Views
g. Lead Generation
j. Catalog Sales
k. Store Traffic
Based on your goals, select the right campaign objective for your ad. Also, be aware of the payment structure where for conversion-objective like sales, you need to pay per action while for exposure objectives like views and traffic, you need to pay for impressions.
2. Campaign Name – Give a name for your Facebook ad campaign and decide on the A/B split test. You can also turn on the budget optimization. This option is ideal for many ad sets, but now you can leave it turned off.
3. Initiate your ad account – Set up your ad account and go to the next step. In case you do not have an account for Facebook ads, click the button ‘Set Up Ad Account’. Enter a few details so that your account creation is done.
4. Target Audience – Choose the page to promote. Start to create your ads target audience. Select the target location, gender, age, and language. While you select, ensure, keep a tap on the audience size indicator appearing on the screen top. This indicator will give you an indication of your possible ad reach. Also, you can see the Page like estimation. Two fields that you need to be specific about are:
a. Detailed Targeting – Use of this field to include or exclude people depending on their interests, behaviors, and demographics.
b. Connections – Using this field, you can target or exclude those already connected with your Facebook page.
5. Select the Facebook Ad Placements – Go down to select where your ads need to appear. You can use Automatic Placements if you are unsure or new to Facebook Ads. This option will place your ads automatically across Instagram, Facebook, and Messenger to get good results. The following options are available for ad placement:
a. Device type – Mobile, desktop, or both
b. Platform – Facebook, Audience Network, Instagram, or Messenger
c. Placements – Stories, Feeds, in-stream for videos, in-article, messages, apps, and sites
d. Specific mobile devices and operating systems – Android, iOS, and all devices
6. Budget and Schedule – For any ad, you need to have the budget. So, decide on the budget that you would be spending on your ad. You can select a budget daily or lifetime and fix the start and end dates to schedule the future ad. Also, you can include an optional cost and control on the bid.
7. Ad Creation – Once you are done with selecting various parameters like choosing your ad format, entering the text, and media components for your Facebook ad, you are good to create the ad. The formats depend on the campaign objective that you chose at the early of the process. The preview tool at the bottom of the page ensures your ad looks suitable for all ad placement.
Facebook is an excellent platform for all your advertising. As it has millions of users per day, your brand is sure to gain visibility on advertising on this platform. Make use of the information and go ahead to create Facebook ads.