Ways to Look for Trusted Abortion Clinic If You’re Planning for Termination of Pregnancy
Not every pregnancy is planned or expected. Carrying an unplanned pregnancy to term is often a bundle of complications. Abortion is the procedure of terminating an unwanted pregnancy. There are two methods of terminating an unplanned pregnancy: medical abortion, and surgical abortion. The decision to choose either builds upon the length of the pregnancy. Medical abortions are recommended for pregnancies at early stages, while surgical abortions are done when the pregnancy is detected late, or the decision of termination is made late. Access to safe abortion is a right that all women have. Therefore, if you are planning to terminate a pregnancy, you need to know how to pick the best Singapore abortion clinic. Here are the basic facts that you need to comprehend when looking for a place for the termination of pregnancy in Singapore.
How to Pick the Right Clinic?
Abortion is a medical or surgical procedure that should be done by the skillful hands of a licensed and well-experienced doctor. It should be carried out in the safest way, posing minimal risks to the overall physical and mental health and well-being of the woman. Here are the basic tips that you need to know when choosing a reliable abortion clinic in Singapore:
1- Confirm whether your selected clinic is accredited by the Ministry of Health to perform surgical abortion procedures.
2- Make sure your doctor is licensed and well-experienced.
3- Seek information and support from your trusted ones, or support groups to access further knowledge.
4- Seek referrals from your family doctor who can lead you to a trusted abortion clinic.
5- Your abortion procedure depends on the length of your pregnancy, therefore, confirm whether you would opt for a medical or a surgical procedure prior to proceeding.
6- The charges at different clinics may vary. You may look around and pick what fits your budget while providing the best care.
7- Especially when it comes to the surgical procedure, cleanliness and hygiene are a must in abortion clinics. You may do your little research to check whether you are in clean hands.
8- There are certain legal requirements to be fulfilled when getting an abortion. Your pregnancy should not exceed 24 weeks, as well, you will be required to go for pre-abortion counseling.
Myths about Abortions
Due to various social and cultural misconceptions propagating around, there are some myths that were created about abortions that have been passed on for years. Here are some myths that you need to discard when considering having an abortion:
- Abortion Increases the Risk of Breast Cancer – There’s no such medical evidence to prove that abortions increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Abortion Affects Fertility – Abortion is the procedure of terminating a single pregnancy, and it does not affect your fertility or cause complications in future pregnancies afterward.
- Abortion Causes Lasting Trauma – Even though some people claim that abortions cause trauma similar to PTSD, it isn’t true. Some may experience intense emotions after the procedure, but that is most likely due to short-term hormonal imbalances. However, post-abortion syndrome or trauma is not a medically recognized condition.
- Abortion is Reversible – Abortion is not reversible in both medical and surgical methods, even though some claim that stopping the medication halfway would reverse the effect.
- Abortion Causes Fetal Pain – This too, is an unproven claim as experts agree that a fetus can’t feel pain during the first 24 weeks. Even though some claim that this period is 12 weeks, there’s no evidence to support it.
Are You Looking for an Abortion Clinic?
Abortion is often a complicated decision for many women. Anyone who goes through an abortion needs excellent medical care and physical and emotional support. In Singapore, abortion clinics are conveniently found compared to some other countries with strict regulations, however, you need to find what is best for you. If you are looking to get an abortion done, you may do a little research on termination of pregnancy in Singapore, and find enough knowledge to support your decision. Once you are physically and mentally prepared, you may go to a licensed abortion clinic with an experienced doctor and have safe access to your procedure.