PPC advertising can bring qualified traffic to your website and generate leads. This method of advertising is consistent and scalable. Achieving success in PPC advertising is relatively easy, and most of the time, it is all about optimizing your campaigns. To make it easy for you, here are some tried ways to do that.
1 Build a Strong Account Structure
In successful pay-per-click services, a strong account structure is the foundation of the campaign’s stellar performance. Some things to understand are:
- How many ads are placed in each ad group?
- How many keywords are placed in the ad groups?
- How relevant are your keywords to each other in the ad groups?
Not having a well-structured account is like trying to drive a car that is not well-built. A well-structured account will search-trigger your ads that are relevant to your audience. Here are some tips for creating a robust account structure:
- Make sure the ad groups contain no more than 10-20 keywords.
- Each ad group should have 2-3 ads, which will direct the visitor to a specific landing page.
- Make sure the ads direct the visitor to the most relevant page.
2 Use High-Performance Keywords
Keywords trigger ads on the search network. If the keywords are not efficient, you will waste a significant amount of money. Perform a website analysis and choose keywords with high CTR. You need to check the keywords before adding them to your content and ad copy. If your audience resides in different geographical locations, you need to find out how keywords rank in their territory.
- Create a List of Negative Keywords
Negative keywords can save you tons of money. Creating a list of negative keywords will prevent your ads from being triggered in inappropriate searches. It will also avoid undesired traffic hitting your website.
3 Write Engaging Ad Copy
In pay per click services, ad copy plays a vital role in the success of your campaign. So, it will help if you put all your creativity and efforts into creating engaging ad copy. Here are some good tips for creating an appealing ad copy.
- The character limit may restrict you, so write an engaging ad copy respecting that limit. The ad copy should clearly state your USP and why people should choose you over competitors.
- Write an attention-grabbing
- Use power words like hurry, free, today only, exclusive, and free to make ad copy more effective.
- Add a compelling call-to-action.
4 Optimize Campaign for Mobile Users
Per the latest data, the number of smartphone users has surpassed 3 billion. A large number of these users access the Internet from their smartphones. Hence, you cannot afford to ignore mobile users in your PPC campaign. Here are some tips to optimize the campaign for mobile users
- Optimize landing pages for mobile devices.
- Pay more attention to short-tail keywords as mobile users tend to use short keywords for Internet searches on wow search engine.
5 Use Geotargeting
Also known as local PPC, it ensures your ads appear to customers of selected locations that you specify. The geotargeting helps you make efficient use of advertising spend. Here are some best practices for using geotargeting effectively:
- Target The Locations Where Your Customers Are – If you are an online retailer who ships to specific states, you need not target the whole country. Select the states which you plan to serve. If you ship internationally, you need to target countries you ship to.
- Gain Regional Insights – Use Google Trends to research areas that are interested in your products or services. It can tell about people searching for a given keyword by city, metro, state, or country.
6 Focus on Conversion Actions
You need to audit your conversion actions periodically. Tracking conversion actions helps you know how your ads are leading to conversion actions. Here are some things to look for:
- Is the conversion tag on the right page?
- Is the conversion tracking working?
- Is your business’s primary KPI and primary conversion the same?
Conversion actions are available for various sources like in-app actions, app downloads, website action, purchase, subscribing to the newsletter, and many more. Ensure you are tracking only necessary conversion actions that help you get clarity about the success of the PPC campaign.
7 Keep Track of PPC Campaign
To ensure your PPC campaign’s success, you need to monitor it regularly. Constant monitoring will give you valuable insights into the performance of keywords and ads. Google offers several tracking and automation tools that keep you updated about campaign performance.
The traffic metric is the easiest way to measure the success of your ads. Based on the insights and analysis, you can remove non-performing elements and save money.