Sales are probably the most important function in running a business since it is what ultimately gives you conversions and a sales see through rate that can scale you business upwards. It comes as no surprise that the operations in and around businesses are structured with sales right in the middle. What should one do to get more sales? That is the question asked by all members of all departments – production, marketing, HR, et al! The answer to higher sales comes in the form of higher engagement of all the resources across all these teams for a far better rate of conversion.
There is a recently evolved tool that could help greatly – a tool that has already taken the rate of productivity higher by 50% in terms of sales teams. This tool is called Sales CRM. The perfect sales CRM can be understood as a system that helps you manage your customer relationship management functions in a way that makes the best use of the targeted information for having interactions that will lead to higher sales. In this sense, the sales CRM really helps you build and cover all the blocks and milestones within the sales pipeline. Having the best sales CRM is key here. Let us find out what all you can do with the same. Here are our top seven reasons why you need sales CRM:
- Storage: You need a safe place where you can store all your information. Simply storing it in a notebook or even on a system like a computer would not suffice. In this day and age, it is important to take backups. Yet, there is a downside to this as well, since the backups can be replicated and stolen from a computer system quite easily as we have seen in a number of cases. So the answer would be go in for a highly well encrypted and secure system that will be backed by layers of authentication so that access is also limited to those who have any functional relationship with the information. This would also create the right vault like setting for your information, which cannot be accessed by anyone and everyone. It would be a good idea to invest in the best sales CRM so that you can store all this information pertaining to the leads, prospects and customers as well as the interactions you have had with them, so that they can be accessed by you but not shared with anyone or everyone.
- Reporting and Updating: These are two major functions that many businesses miss out on. And let us face it – if you miss out on crucial reports and updates, you fall behind when it comes to the competition. In fact, ignoring this aspect might be akin to letting the competition get to your customers before you even have a chance to segment the market and position yourself. How? It all comes down to the right reports and the insights that can make or break your campaigns. When you have the insights and the reports, you would be able to create updates that narrow down your targets and create highly targeted campaigns to reach out to your prospects. This would also help you update the state of the market and your own internal policies and strategy so that constant catching up and improvisation happens. This can easily be done with the perfect sales CRM in place to generate the reports and insights for you and your team.
- Time Management: Time is of the essence and we all know this is true for every entrepreneur who is trying to build a relevant online footprint to rope in customers and make sales. Well, there are a number of things that can eat into our time and big data as well as mundane activities are just two of the major factors in this regard. You would do well to employ the best sales CRM so that you are able to do a number of things with ease. First and foremost, you would be able to automate the mundane tasks that would easily free up the time and bandwidth of the team members who can concentrate on conversions. This would also apply to the automated handling of the information in a relevant manner so that the right piece of information comes up for the right function. This would also involve scheduling and automating the calendar and reminders for certain functions so that there is complete and efficient management of time with the sales CRM system.
- Understanding the Customer: This would be one of the most important tasks that many businesses lose out on. The best sales CRM system can help you understand your customer in a better manner so that you can find the right market segment and the right targets with which you can position yourself. One of the best parts about a sales CRM system is that it would help you understand and articulate the exact needs of the customer which can lead a customer along the various calls for action thanks to the marketing automation side. This would, more often than not, lead to a conversion.
- Cost Efficient: Bringing in the best sales CRM system would bring down your costs by leaps and bounds. This is due to the fact that the CRM will minimize the time spent by most team members on mundane tasks, which would ensure that the same tasks get done in a shorter period.
- More Customer Retention: It is not just about converting a customer, but also about retaining a customer in the long run for repeat orders, cross selling and up selling – all of which become possible with the sales CRM.
- Customer Service: Better customer service also becomes a reality thanks to the efficacy of sales CRM. This would contribute to a higher rate of conversion since it would be easier and faster to close deals with a hands on team and information available at the tap of button.