When you apply for several jobs, you are called to a couple of interviews. In fact, making it to an interview call is a milestone, which is not very easily achieved. However, there are times that despite being called to the job interview, some of us are not able to bag the actual role even after having a picture-perfect professional resume.
Here are 6 common mistakes that a candidate makes during a job interview:
- Not being Punctual: One of the most common reasons as to why you don’t end up getting a job is your punctuality. There are times when you end up running late and as a result, your interview is cut short and the hiring manager creates an impression of you as a latecomer. So, even if your professional resume is top notch, your reaching late may cost you a job.
- Not being Prepared: Another mistake you should avoid during an interview is going unprepared. Make sure that you are aware enough about the job position, and even garner all the information possible regarding the company you have applied for. You should also be prepared for the standard interview questions. In fact, if need be you can even opt for professional job assistance beforehand to be prepared.
- Sharing Too Much or Too Little: You need to remember that you are not going to a therapist but instead, it is a job interview, so make sure that you do not share too much information about yourself. At the same time, sharing too little also does not help, as you cannot expect your professional resume to do the job by itself, you will need to share some information about you. So, make sure that you share just enough to help you get a job.
- Inappropriate Dressing: As they say, you have got to dress for the part. You need to ensure that you are not shabbily dressed and are your best formal self. Some of these examples include not to wear sneakers at a job interview and get a haircut if you can. If your position demands, you can even suit up for the occasion. The idea is to make sure that you are looking presentable enough.
- Phone fiddling: One thing that our generation has wrongly adapted is the habit of fiddling with their phones even when they are in a room full of people. Well, it may work in your home/friendly parties, but it will not as far as a job interview is concerned. Keep your phone in the pocket or rather keep it on the table in silent mode. Using your phone will not get you a job, and you do not want to attract attention the wrong way.
- Appearing Uninterested: One thing that you need to avoid is looking disinterested at the interview. Make sure there is eye contact, do not slump your shoulders, respond to questions quickly. All in all, appear enthusiastic enough so that the other person knows that you want the job, and not reject you on the basis of your energy/interest levels.
- Making it about Yourself: Many a times the job seeker focuses a little too much on themselves. Try not to appear self-centred, in fact, even while answering questions make sure that you talk about the things you would do for the company as well. At the end of the day, the company is hiring you so that you can help them in achieving a common goal.
has been providing top notch resumes for professionals not only in India but across the globe. The resumes are created in a manner that helps candidates get to the job interview faster than others. GetSetResumes also offers On-Demand Recruiting Services that further aids in finding jobs without you having to go through different portals, so that you can focus on your interviews.
Also Read:- Keep Motivated Yourself Check Our