The digital world is evolving every day. From new applications to feature updates. It quickly becomes inevitable for organizations to keep their workforce updated with the latest releases to stay competent. Almost every business-related process has an application developed specifically to aid it. One such process is user onboarding.
A user onboarding tool improves user engagement while also significantly enhancing the user experience itself. This in turn helps make onboarding a hassle-free and successful process. The primary intention of this is to maximize return on investment. Therefore, like any other tool, the selection of the ideal user onboarding software also needs in-depth research.
What is User Onboarding?
User onboarding is the process of getting a user to understand the user experience of a software application that is new to them, regardless of their previous experience. It plays a huge role in ensuring that software owners get the most out of the investments. This is because it helps drive user engagement.
There are several onboarding software that aid user onboarding initiatives. They help users get a clear understanding of the product and its associated aspects. Companies can mark themselves with high profits and a strong consumer base using the best onboarding tools. This plays a significant role in reducing customer churn.
The application also helps companies keep their users connected by intimating them with upcoming features, product upgrades, and webinars. Using these powerful onboarding tools, they can speed up the process of user onboarding, introduce the users to your product, and provide a demo of the product usage.
Best User onboarding software
Here is a list of the best user onboarding software tools as of 2022:
Apty offers the world’s quickest adoption platform that enables businesses to accelerate their onboarding processes. Its software is easy-to-use, powerful, and provides users with the right content help whenever they get stuck.
- It has a code-free editor
- It makes it easier to create onboarding material
- Provides insights on employee interaction with the application
- Allows you to analyze the way end users seek help.
- Advanced analytics provides detailed info on workflows, tooltips, launchers, announcements, etc.
Organizations use Appcues to create customized flows for user onboarding. Its low-code content creation platform enables admins to create pixel-perfect, drag-and-drop experiences for users.
- Works with single code installation for simplified programming
- Integrated system to enable user-friendly variable features
- Simplified preview, so users get a pre-published idea about the content
- Capable of creating target user segments and attributes for any virtual behavior
Intercom is a chat tool used by customer support to elevate chats to achieve higher conversion rates. Customized settings associated with web chat, in-app chat, video, email, and supportive phone features help in better customer assistance. In addition, it supports one-click chats with customers to record customer satisfaction and enable higher response rates for feedback surveys.
- Highlights new features with guided adoption and driving tours
- Capable of creating conventional and customized bots
- Feature upgrade by what’s new and outbound customer messaging feature
- Facilitates targeted emailing, in-app messaging, and onboard messaging to aid customer support.
UserPilot provides an efficient, personalized in-app experience to see a positive change in growth metrics. With this tool, organizations can engage users with personalized in-product experiences without code. It helps drive user activation, feature adoption, and retention.
- Creates personalized engagement with a no-code tool
- Finds winning combination by A/B tests
- Establishes track and goal analytics
- Can create a contextual experience based on the conditions
- Can work according to user trends and growth insights
The widely preferred user onboarding software has a simplified procedure that uses a one-code application with a unique data analytics feature. This new and customized onboarding flow with adaptive drive mode eventually reduces customer disengagement.
- Capable of including video, images, GIFs, etc.
- Excellent email support
- Great analytics of showing tips to the onboarding users
- Consistent notification to the users for upcoming features, webinars, and more
- Uses conditional logic method for segment in-app messaging based on individual activity
Enables onboarding widgets to lead users through customized flows. All customized flows have triggered events for a specific language and user-persona. Moreover, it provides a platform to export all the data while onboarding and provides experience feedback and suggestions.
- Provides stepwise no-code product guidance
- Capable of announcing new and upcoming features
- Facility to export all data from CSV for simplified analysis
- Localize tours with different languages for product tours
- Enables image and video recording
It comprises expanded digital capabilities with improved proficiency and productivity for all applications. This onboarding tool provides comprehensive user analytics and guided analytics. Moreover, it consists of attractive templates with a no-code interface. Hence, it is easy to deploy without the help of developer support.
- Works on single-line coding technology
- Empowers customized templates and displays
- Capable of creating simplified guides with easy editing on multiple browsers.
- The intelligent target feature enables the user-segmentation level for variable web pages.
The demand for fluid user experiences will always be on the rise. With complexities and nuances continuously changing across and within applications, it will come down to how much effort a novice user is willing to put into exploring and understanding the application interface. However, many tech giants are using user onboarding tools to boost user engagement. Most of these use a low-code tool to build onboarding experiences.
Tech companies need to drive user engagement to avoid customer churn. As a result, investing in a user onboarding software is not just an option but a necessity.