Not sure where to start when you are shifting your house? To make the process as quick and stress-free as possible, here are six simple steps that you need to know.
You should tell yourself that this is a safe neighborhood. In order for you to get an understanding of how peaceful and safe the place is, you can also ask around and ask people about the neighborhood.
1. How are you going to get your things moved?
First thing first, deciding how you’re going to shift! Bear in mind that it would typically take one person about 24 hours to pack the average home and about 34 hours to unpack!
- Can you drive about with the help of family and friends?
- Will you let boxes be packed by a moving company or do you want to pack them yourself?
- Will a skilled moving service be hired?
- Or are you going to pick a variation of all of the above?
2. Draw up a checklist
In order to guarantee your move is on track, you can always make a checklist! Write it well in advance of the transfer and check it many times to make sure that nothing has been left out.
No matter how small or how outstanding you think your memory is, remember to include every single detail. It will save your time and you will not keep worrying and panicking over anything because you know that you have prepared yourself for even the smallest disaster.
3. Collaborate with your movers
Here are a few ways in which you can make moving days easier and faster:
- Be present or contactable on moving day for the movers.
- Check the license of the moving company beforehand.
- Cross-check the inventory of movers with your own list.
- Ensure that you give them the correct delivery address.
4. Select the Best Time
Another significant factor when you shift is timing. This is the case for all activities, but in particular for renting trucks and hiring an experienced mover’s sunshine coast service.
In the off season, shifting cost is less as compared to moving while the peak season. This is because during peak season, trucks are in higher demand, but during the offseason, moving truck companies can distribute offers to get more business. In the sheet reality that you will get a lower price than you would have thought, this works to your benefit.
5. Perform checks at the last minute as well
Make sure that all supplies and switches are switched off before leaving the old property for good, the windows and doors are locked down, and that you have all the important documentation on hand for your transfer.
6. Make your new property ready
Make sure that the new entrance is as close as possible to the room reserved. Give yourself time to do so if you need to pick up the keys. You should also have plastic sheets ready for furniture to protect the floor from any damage.
Therefore, surrounding yourself with people you trust, who can return phone calls and take the time to discuss what is going on and why is the best way to make shifting as stress-free as possible.