Whether you live in a crowded city or on the outskirts, TV remains the basic source of entertainment. But the problem with TV is its antenna installation and fixation. Many a time, you may experience a static noise or attenuations on the screen when the weather changes or randomly on a day when you are watching your favourite TV show. Yes, TV glitch usually happens when you have made up your mind to enjoy a movie or a reality show with your family.
Tv antenna installation plays a significant role in getting a smooth and strong signal without any interruption. If your antenna is quite an old one, for now, it is time to replace it with the upgraded version, or if you reside in a crowded place, signal reception becomes difficult. For such issues, the placement of the antenna and the type of antenna plays an important role. If you really want to boost the signal reception of your antenna then read the points given below-
1) Re-set your digital tuner- Your digital tuner converts the incoming signal into the digital signal, but with time the broadcasters tend to change their metadata that can interfere with your tuner’s ability to interpret the signal. This may lead to the wrong reception of signal information by your system. The best way is to re-set your digital tuner-
- Restart the converter box
- Do a channel scan
- Disconnect and reconnect all channels
2) Change the antenna- You might have never thought about how old your TV antenna has become even if you had been facing troubles with the TV signal. It is time that you call the antenna professionals and replace your old antenna with the new one.
3) Re-aim antenna- Whether you have a uni-directional or omnidirectional antenna if it is not pointed towards the transmission tower, the signal reception would be weak or nil. You must adjust the position and direction to a few degrees of your TV antenna for the better reception of signals.
4) Try a booster- Sometimes the antenna may not send strong signals because of being far away or too many obstacles blocking the signal. In that case, using a TV amplifier or a booster can amplify the signal.
5) Take professional help- If you have tried all the methods online and did DIYs, but nothing worked, then you must consider professional service since they have the knowledge to inspect, repair and replace if they find any faults.