Formulating a marketing strategy is the main task that determines all further steps (including the technologies used) and costs. A company should contact an agency that specializes in enterprise app development. Together, they break down the entire process to understand which areas generally require assessment. For each of the areas, determine the goal to be achieved by the work. The most successful teams place a lot of emphasis on the next five steps.
Marketing Strategy and Documentation
You should think through traffic and the shortest paths to target audiences. Where do the fans of your project communicate with each other now? How to shorten their journey to your mobile app? The path taken by the teams at this stage completely determines the effectiveness of all further steps. There are different approaches to passing this issue:
- Some project creators do everything on their own, including a detailed technical assignment;
- Someone thinks over the main strategy and order professional development. You can learn more about this approach on https://fireart.studio/mobile-app-development-services/;
- A combined approach: you have MVP, but need to upgrade your marketing strategy.
All successful cases include the next:
- Analytics — an overview of the market, successful and unsuccessful similar projects.
- Marketing strategy — a map that explains the logic of the path to users. It should have the intended tests and the steps before and after publication.
- The development of a clickable prototype of a website or mobile application. It is the highest level of abstraction of a technical assignment.
- Writing complete technical documentation. Without it, you cannot evaluate in detail or plan the work of programmers.
- Drawing up an estimate. Planing the work on a project is usually the result of writing a technical assignment.
- Sometimes — the formation of a pitch. Create a presentation for investors, describing the key product properties of the project.
Design development can also include several areas:
- Branding includes corporate identity, tone of voice, and other aspects of the visual paradigm of the project. It usually takes 7-14 days of work. Sometimes, more time is required to understand the audience. Another factor in the importance of a well-developed marketing strategy.
- Logo — as a rule, it takes about a week.
- UI and UX development — strongly depends on the type and scale of the project. This step lasts from one week to a month.
- Animations are not a necessary step. However, they are often used to grab and hold users’ attention, be memorable, and create emotional attachment.
- Promotional materials. You can design banners for advertisements, app stores, press kits for the media, and presentations.
All contractors (not only in IT) try to draw the customer’s attention to this work component as little as possible. It is not that visible and stays behind the main work. The result of the development team manager’s work cannot be touched by hands, unlike programming and design.
Nevertheless, we are all well aware of the importance of organizational work. The same task can be completed in different terms and with different qualities. Depending on how the process was set up, you can win or lose. You should formulate the instructions and regularly check their performance
Mobile Application Development
Cross-platform or native development? This is the main question that all teams have at this stage. Cross-platform technologies can significantly save resources at this costly stage. Therefore, you should study the topic and check the compliance of your goal with this step.
A competent approach to development architecture avoids countless mistakes. However, not all cases can be verified from a technical or a logical point of view. For example, what if immediately after the money was debited from the user’s card, the Internet disappeared on their device? What should they see at this moment so as not to worry about this?
Different screen sizes, different technical data of devices, and peripheral matter. What to do with incoming calls when the application is running? Can you interrupt it, or will the app fail? Many other factors may not lead to the user experience that you would want to form.