When was the last time you updated your kitchen? You might have never thought that your kitchen needs renovation too. Have you ever looked under the sink and looked at the dampness with the occurrence of molds? What’s that musty smell you experience every time you enter your kitchen. Did you ignore the broken hinges of the cabinets and all the raw material placed on the countertops, blocking the space?
When you start to feel uncomfortable while cooking or cleaning the dishes, understand that it’s time to. Besides, here are some of the common signs that you must invest in kitchen remodelling-
1) Occurrence of dampness- Dampness can occur when your kitchen remains humid because of poor ventilation, lack of windows and maintenance. The second thing that contributes to dampness on walls, near the sink and around the cabinets is neglecting the cleanliness. If you do not keep your kitchen clean, there can be a growth of molds.
Molds tend to grow on the organic material when the moisture content in your kitchen is high. If you ignore the presence of molds on cabinets, under the sink around the walls, it will damage the surface and produce even higher musty smell. Therefore, if your kitchen is severely affected then its time you invest in kitchen remodelling.
2) Storage space issues- If most of the spices, utensils and appliances are falling out of the cabinets upon opening and taking out one, then it means you have storage issues. Less storage can make your kitchen look compact, messing the layout. Therefore, if you want to enhance the storage space, you can, countertops and drawers. The good news is every feature can be customized according to your needs.
3) Poor layout- The old kitchens are built traditionally so you might need to update the design to increase the space or add modularity. However, if you have wide space, then you can incorporate various features to cover the emptiness. A dining space with creative chairs can serve two purpose- you can sit and work or enjoy your meals with your family.
4) Dirt and grime is difficult to scrape off- When you cook food, the fumes, smoke and all the odors escape to the atmosphere or stick to the wooden surface, ceilings and cabinets. If you do not clean it regularly, they become grimy, and it gets hard to scrape off without professional help. Therefore, if you see a lot of soot and higher levels of dirt, its time you invest in kitchen remodelling.
5) Broken pipeline and structural damages- Water leakage can occur when the pipeline is leaky or broken. There could be various reasons for the damages to the pipe- pest intrusion or withering with time. Besides, there could be structural damages that can occur because of daily wear and tear. If that is the case, its time you undertake kitchen renovation.