Managing a gas and oil company is already a difficult job. You have to keep track of people working in the fields, your offices, and keep tabs on your clients. If you need extra help, outsourcing a few essential tasks can help streamline operations and take some stress off your employee’s workloads.
1. IT Services
Many oil and gas companies don’t have a dedicated IT team, especially if they’re smaller or newer. However, cyber threats can put your company in jeopardy. Gas and oil companies keep sensitive contracts and information about their digs and clients online. Hackers can quickly get this information if you’re not appropriately protected.
Cyber threats change frequently, and it can be expensive and challenging to keep up with the training and security needs necessary to respond to these attacks. Outsourcing means cyber threat experts are working to keep you and your clients’ data secure.
2. Back Office Administration
Administrative tasks take up a substantial portion of your day and take time away from managing and finding new drills and rigs. You can outsource most of your organizational needs to free up your team without hiring extra hands. Click here to learn more about back-office outsourcing services for oil and gas companies. Some everyday outsourced administrative tasks include:
- Accounting- Gas and oil accounting can be a difficult task, as different companies use different methods. Ensure you’re using the correct method while keeping your books accurate by outsourcing this to a gas and oil accountant.
- Financial Reporting- You’ll most likely need to report your financial statements to different stakeholders. Outsourcing this task can result in more accurate, thorough reports that impress current and future stakeholders.
- Production Reporting- Production reports are a crucial part of the gas and oil industry. They show an accurate picture of your company’s assets to date. As such, making sure this report is accurate can help you determine your future budget planning and which markets to branch into.
- Land Administration- Land administration contains disparate other tasks, including managing current land assets, knowing the rules and regulations associated with land use, reporting current and future land assets to different authorities, and more. A dedicated land administrator can help you avoid legal fees for not correctly reporting land usage.
3. Human Resources
When you’re already short on staff and looking to hire, taking the time to meaningful interview and hire new staff can be difficult and cause even more of a backlog. Human Resource (HR) experts can take that burden off your shoulder and help streamline your current HR process.
Other essential HR roles include recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, and firing staff. While these tasks are interconnected, they can still be challenging to achieve without someone on the team with training in interpersonal relationships and HR strategies. Relying on experts can help you find someone who truly fits the needs of your company.
4. Customer Service
Customer service is a vital part of any operation. Having bad customer service can result in a loss of customers or potential customers. If your staff doesn’t have time to dedicate to customer service, hire experts to put a friendly and helpful face to your operation’s name. That’s especially important as the industry faces steeper competition and relies more on online sales.
A customer service expert can help you understand your customer’s needs and cater to them. They can also strengthen customer engagement, increasing the odds of having returning clients or getting client recommendations.
Marketing entails many moving parts that are hard to keep up with consistently. Marketing experts can ensure your marketing is accurate, branded, and customized to your business and customers. Without an expert, it can be easy to neglect essential marketing strategies.
Creating website content, responding to online reviews, and creating advertising campaigns are essential to any business. Content marketing is critical, as it can help you build your public image and spread brand awareness. Outsource marketing to ensure your gas and oil company has the PR team to help spread the word about your gas and oil company.
Outsourcing to Maximize Profits
Your gas and oil company doesn’t need to hire a slew of employees to have the same expertise as a much larger business. Outsourcing key departments and tasks can help you gain access to experts who can fill in skills gaps in your current organizational structure. No matter your needs, there’s an outsourcing company that can fill them quickly and easily without affecting your bottom dollar.