No matter you are a photographer, doctor, dentist, hardware store owner, or a small business owner, a well designed and developed website is necessary for your online success. I am a webmaster and after building many websites from scratch to professional look, I know what it takes to create an engaging and professional design of a business website.
If you are in this article, I know you are looking for a professional way of building a Small Business Website Design. Today I will discuss here the 5 key steps or points to build small business website design. Design not only includes the layout color, font, size, media, and content, it also includes the name, hosting speed, a theme you are using, colors combination, and much more which we will discuss here. So let’s start:
5 Key Steps to Build Small Business Website Design
1. Attractive Domain Name
The first thing you have to do is to register a domain name that best suits and describe your small business. Let’s take an example of Washingtonpost.com. If you look at the name it will clear that on the website there are news and posts about Washington and America. Let’s take another example of small businesses like Amazon, which describes that everything is available online on Amazon as the forest Amazon has almost all species of animals and birds there.
So after taking a look at the examples, it would be clear to you how important the domain name is and what message it gives to the customers about the business. Tips to choose the best name for your website:
- Make it as small as possible
- Easy to Spell
- Buy high TLD domains like .com, .net, .org etc.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens
- Check if the price is right
- Avoid nonsensical names
- Create an SEO-friendly URL
2. Hosting and Speed
According to the research, a visitor or client on your website will stay only for 6 seconds if the site not loads within this time. So website loading speed is very important as all of your customers based on this. You have to choose the best hosting providers who have high-speed servers and are available 24/7. There are many types of hosting including shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, etc.
In order to optimize your website speed, you must buy a good hosting like hosting of Godaddy, Namecheap, Hostgator, and Bluehost. Some tips to choose good hosting for your website:
- Hosting must have a speed of loading in milliseconds.
- 24/7 Availability.
- Easy to configure.
- Good Specs including RAM, processors, and disk space.
3. Website Design
Website Design is the most important factor as it catches the attention of your customers. So you must implement the best design depending on your audience like and business nature. To get an idea of design, you should visit your competitors’ website and check why the audience is loving them. The design includes color, font, font size, images, videos, layout, navigation menus, and most important your branded logo and it’s color. The color of your logo should match the colors you have used on your website. Few tips for website design are given below and we recommend you to follow them:
- Use proper color combinations
- Menu hover color should be exact as layout and logo color
- The logo must be high quality and modern plus professional
- Font and font size are necessary elements as the very small font will make your customers angry and also the large fonts
- The color used for background and the content must be different like on light background use dark content color
4. Engaging and Memorable User Interface
The third thing you need to keep in mind for your small business website is to create an engaging and memorable user interface. It should give a positive impression on the customers. The navigation of your website should be easy without any broken links and redirect chains. It should be clean and professional which attracts customers. Some tips you must follow for the engaging user interface:
- Always use beautiful graphics (images, videos, or infographics).
- Optimize the graphics for the fast loading of the website.
- Look at your competitors’ website to get an idea of how to design the interface for the best results.
- Keep in mind your audience and design your website according to your audience.
- Consistent in Branding.
- Include Contact Information.
- Include Call to Action Buttons on the homepage and also on other pages.
5. Optimize Your Website for Search Engines to Crawl
This is the most important point as if it is carried out correctly can bring huge organic traffic and potential customers to your website. You can do this by implementing proper SEO techniques to ensure your website is indexed by search engines. Once your website get index, it will compete with your competitor, and if your website design and content is good more than your competitor you will get a higher position on the result pages.
Here are some tips to follow for better optimization of your website design and content:
- Proper keyword research.
- Fast Loading Speed.
- Theme code must be clean and well managed.
- SSL is implemented.
- The website should be mobile-friendly.
- Your business must have positive feedbacks on Yelp, Google, Facebook, etc.
- Internal Linking must be done perfectly (Most Important).
These are the 5 Key Steps to Build Small Business Website Design that you must keep in mind while building a website for your small business. If you still need some help please let me know through the comments. I will answer all of your questions.