Businesses build standardized processes to guarantee that personnel do not miss workflow steps, forget details, repeat jobs unnecessarily, or quit tasks before completion. These business processes ensure that a company’s operations are compliant and consistent. For the last thirty years, Modbus protocols have enabled companies to implement business process automation with ease and effectiveness, resulting in a number of benefits.
Top 10 Benefits of Business Automation
- Efficiencies: Use of BPA results in business efficiencies by scaling down required work processes and reducing staff requirements.
- Productivity: Processes can be accelerated through automation processes, resulting in reduction of repetitive processes and improvement in completion speeds.
- Retention: Employee morale is improved by eliminating monotony, improving customer satisfaction, and increasing the overall quality of the work experience. Automation reduces boring, repetitive processes and allows employees to focus on the more complex and rewarding parts of their jobs, which increases retention of human resources.
- Compliance: Automation improves the level of industry compliance, ensuring that regulations are observed and penalties and fees are avoided.
- Cost: Costs are reduced through automation by enabling more efficient use of time, enabling businesses to improve output without hiring additional workers or cut personnel costs while maintaining output levels.
- Personnel: Automation allows for reassigning personnel to tasks that align with their skills and talents, improving the quality of work products and increasing employee satisfaction.
- Accuracy: Common errors from human data entry and insight are reduced through automation, resulting in increased efficiency and quality.
- Collaboration: BPA can track projects, send updates, and perform other functions to foster collaboration. In addition, the alleviation of menial tasks allows employees more time to spend on collaborative activities.
- Analysis: BPA standardizes business processes to avoid bias and assist in analysis. Leaders are better able to track the business cycle and identify areas for refinement, thereby improving outcomes.
- Availability: Automation frees employees to focus on customer-facing services by reducing the need for completing repetitive tasks.
Why BPA is Easy to Implement
Originally published by Modicon in 1979 for use with programmable logic controllers, Modbus is a royalty-free product that has become the de facto standard communication protocol used to connect industrial electronic devices in business communications and automation systems. Simple to understand and to use, the protocol uses a Modbus slave to receive data from a master device. The Modbus display was developed to connect up to ten devices to a data logger, saving the measurement data on internal memory and integrating it into the local network. This technology has been integrated into virtually every product category in the last thirty years, effectively increasing the level of business process automation in companies across the globe.
The simplicity of existing BPA technology makes business automation easy to implement in virtually any product category. With all the benefits that accompany business automation, there is no reason not to embrace it.